Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

computer name

• 28-04-2008 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

i had a dell technician here few weeks ago and had to reinstall vista on my xps 420. samsung hdd was broken. but anyway he put in my name as brain!! so i changed the computer name but when is still shows some addresses on he computer as file name "brain" :( so annoying, how do i change it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

When you go to Control Panel\System and Maintenance\System what computer name do you see? And what addresses still show the old name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Capture.JPG
    this is what i see here but
    here
    Capture2.JPG
    and here i get brain
    Capture3.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

IH8TXT:) wrote: »
    Capture.JPG
    this is what i see here but
    here
    Capture2.JPG
    and here i get brain
    Capture3.JPG

That's your User name. You can change it in Control Panel, Users.

This will not change the folder name though, you might be better creating a new user called Brian and copying all the files and settings to that user and deleting your Brain..... user :D

I see, it's your user folder nothing to do with pc name.

/beaten :(

good advice from rrpc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

oh screw it, way too much hassle...cheers 4da info tho!

• Advertisement

These things often are. :D

Usually end up breaking something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

If you just want a quick fix then change the user name. At least that way, other stuff you install won't have 'Brain' as the name.

Advertisement