Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Options for a Culchie!

Options
  • 28-04-2008 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

I'm living in a rural area & the usual suspects like Eircom, BT are no good to us for Broadband. The local exchange is not updated I think (I'm not hugely technical minded ! ) A pal told me about mobile braodband or 3G, something along those lines. I've looked at O2's webpage on mobile broadband and if it's to be believed everything is hunky dory for getting broadband. Can any techies give me any advice on what would be the best route to take or anyone in a similar situation. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭nilhg

If you give us a reasonably exact location then somebody might be able to give you some specific help.

The mobile BB providers are very hit and miss, most of them let you do a trial for a week or so, or will have detailed coverage maps in the local stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭jaxy999

I'm about 3miles from Kilmacthomas in Co. Waterford. According to comreg website there are a number of masts near us but not sure of their significance in enabling us to have broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

jaxy999 wrote: »
    I'm about 3miles from Kilmacthomas in Co. Waterford. According to comreg website there are a number of masts near us but not sure of their significance in enabling us to have broadband

Go to the O2, Vodafone, and Three websites and check their respective coverage maps against where you live. They all have a minimum 14 day returns policy anyway so you have nothing to lose.

If you have a O2 bill pay phone then O2 would probably be your best bet. Failing that try Vodafone or even heaven forbid Three.

Advertisement