Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

trueno Parts lists

Options
  • 28-04-2008 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

need to get my 98 trueno serviced and as per usual the main dealers wont even bother looking up parts for you never mind order them :mad:

anyway the car has no mods done to the engine so I'm looking for some link or a list where i can go and get a list of part numbers then go order the parts and get the car services some place else.

anyone any ideas? also anyone got any recommendations of a mechanic to look the car over, have the car almost 3 years and thing it needs more than just a quick Oil and filter change so wanted someone to take a good look make sure none of the belts are on the way out etc. Living in the swords area of Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

try the tuning factory near the red cow round about, supposed to be very good with jap cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

dade wrote: »
    need to get my 98 trueno serviced and as per usual the main dealers wont even bother looking up parts for you never mind order them :mad:

What main dealers are you going to? The one in Waterford and the two in Cork seem to be very helpful, we've gotten a good few parts for my car (Trueno) off them! Just be more persistant ;)

http://z15.invisionfree.com/AE111_Forum/index.php? is an ae111 site, join up there is lists of parts and stuff on it!

Oh yeh and some parts for the levin treuno etc can be the same as corollas, avensis diesel i think and mr2's.. Would need to cross reference them of course..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

isnt the trueno just the older levin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

copeyhagen wrote: »
    isnt the trueno just the older levin?

You're on about the ae86 i presume? More commonly known as a "twin cam"!

Levin and truenos are the older and the newer shape :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

What main dealers are you going to? ..

went to the one in Kilbarack (not naming names) and the one off the M50. strange bit is the Kilbarack one said they couldn't get the parts that's why they wont service them. I call back 30 minutes later with my chassis number get put through to the parts dept and he can order up basic stuff for me in a few days anything else will take time to get in. go figure

• Advertisement
Advertisement