Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What milage does your car do on full tank

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

'82 MB 280

55 litre tank.

Work run (10 mile round trip): 220-230 miles (18-20mpg)

Country run: Up to 320-350 miles (26-29mpg)

Wifes 95 Mini 1.3i -

not sure, but it only takes €25 to fill!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

'08 Focus ST
    Holds 55L in the tank and I get 600Km of motorway driving
    About 350Km per fill if I'm around town or heavy footed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Mazda 3 MPS

55 L tank Average about 275 miles a tank
    39 mpg on motorways
    22 mpg urban driving
    17 mpg giving it the boot on country roads
    6 mpg track day racing!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lissoy

02 Ford Focus 1.6 petrol
    410mls

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Mazda 3 MPS

55 L tank Average about 275 miles a tank
    39 mpg on motorways
    22 mpg urban driving
    17 mpg giving it the boot on country roads
    6 mpg track day racing!

Any pics?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭djsctt

rebellad wrote: »
    1.9TDi Passat 130Bhp - 600 miles for €60
    I used to get 700 out of mine.

500-550 for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

Skoda Superb 1.9tdi 115bhp
    900-1100km per 60l tank
    Daily commute is Athy -> Clonkskeagh -> Athy
    When driving on the OBC says it averages 5.8l/100, taking it handy its usually averaging 5.1l/100.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Any pics?:D[/quote]

My work computer thinks the virus to end all viruses will infect it when i plug my USB in so cant upload now but will send you on a link when there are pics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

djsctt wrote: »
    500-550 for me :(

+1
    I thought I could get 650, but did a test recently with filling to the brim from the light just coming on, twice ,and both times (although there would be 5 ltrs left in the tank) I could only manage 530 the first time and 517 the second.
    Both occasions included a round trip from Cork to Dublin at the end of each journey the OBC said I averaged over 50 mpg.
    I don't know what size the tank is, but I would suspect 55l.
    1.9 TDI Passat Sport BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Passat 1.9 TDI 105bhp.

Average fuel consumption before remap an average of 6.2L/100km to 8.2L/100km
    anything from 750km to 900km on full tank of diesel.

Just had it remapped and now I get an averge 5.2L/100km and will at least get 1000km to 1200km to a tank of diesel depending on driving conditions. Its purely remapped for this purpose.

When I filled it last week the computer told me that I had enough fuel for 1350km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

2008 Citroën C5 1.8i

8.2l/100km on average. About 20% of that is urban - heavy dublin traffic. Depending on how much long distance driving I do, I can get over 700km to a tank - no idea of the tank's capacity.

I'll be swapping to a C5 1.6HDi soon so I'll be expecting to visit the filling station a lot less often.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

BMW Clubsport, eats about 24 mpg, tank takes about 65 litres I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sudo911

Volvo V70 2.4D SE
    680-700miles per full tank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

2001 volvo s40 1.8 GDI. Petrol because diesels are ghey.

With a fairly heavy right foot i have never been below 30mpg including city driving. Cork to Dublin at night averaging 42mpg in clear traffic at roughly 90mph all the way up. Pretty impressive mpg i think. Wont touch a diesel.

Amazing how bad the mpg of all those small fiestas and the like is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

samsemtex wrote: »
    2001 volvo s40 1.8 GDI. Petrol because diesels are ghey.
    Watch out! That Mitsubishi GDI has a habit of coking up which will cost a fair few quid to rectify. AFAIK that engine falls into the 1.9 road tax bracket....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

crosstownk wrote: »
    Watch out! That Mitsubishi GDI has a habit of coking up which will cost a fair few quid to rectify. AFAIK that engine falls into the 1.9 road tax bracket....?

Yeah it cocked up within 1 month of me buying it. Engine cylinders had to be replaced but i got it done under warranty. Its been running perfectly since. Although there is a fairly constant tickety noise and you know that white steam from the exhaust on cold days. That seems to hang around for an inexplicably long time in the mornings even when its not that cold. I do drive it pretty hard although ive heard they last longer that way for some reason.

No it falls into the 1.8 category. Im just gonna run it into the ground. I got it cheap and if it fails then so be it. My next car will be a far sportier proposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭trabpc

2002 530d - 580miles on 60L

about 43-44 MPG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Jaysus that's good, even the E39s had good economy. So much for the E60 being the pioneering fuel effecient beamer...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

VW Golf Mk4 1.4 (2000) 105k miles

Can get to 450 miles on a full tank if I'm driving like a very good boy.
    Can also do about 360-370 if i'm driving like a very bold one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

410 miles roughly to a full tank.

That's a 40litre tank..that's over 45mpg, best part town driving..

lot to be said for a small engine. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nortal

1.6 Seat Leon, 55 litre tank OBC varies from 750km -810km to empty, Never get near that best was about 690km Mostly motor way driving

At present i am doing a lot of short trips, got the car serviced and decided to check mpg again 55 litres and did about 600km, not good enough, 2.0l cars are more economical and at least you have some power.

Is there something i should have checked out or is it the second generation VW engine.

PS never drive hard, and keep the revs low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

04 Mazda 6 2L Diesel
    510 Miles with a 50 litre refill (warning light came on), about 45 mpg.
    Theoretically the tank holds 62 litres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

nortal wrote: »
    1.6 Seat Leon, 55 litre tank OBC varies from 750km -810km to empty, Never get near that best was about 690km Mostly motor way driving

At present i am doing a lot of short trips, got the car serviced and decided to check mpg again 55 litres and did about 600km, not good enough, 2.0l cars are more economical and at least you have some power.

Is there something i should have checked out or is it the second generation VW engine.

PS never drive hard, and keep the revs low

I'm in the exact same position as you with my 06 1.6 Leon. Last tank was the best yet. refilled at 620km with 80 left showing but in average use 600 is about it. I have slowed down from 130ish to 115-120 on motorway but only sems to make 20km a tank difference. Old tech engine so cant expect miracles i suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

96 1.6 Golf petrol.

45 litre tank goes about 430 miles before I start to worry about running out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Going into my 3rd week of long commutes 180km round trip, Mid wicklow to Dublin 17...along Wicklow/N11/M50/Kinsealy.. Friday and still enough to get me home and then some.

My first trip out to new location I brimed the car went on my way, got lost for about an hour, and on the way home went the wrong way.. travel time in car was about 5 hours...to and from... silverlining - refilled car when got to same station and it cost me 10 euros to brim..

Car will do 1050km on a full tank (55l), 4.5L per/100. DOHC 16v 2.0 TDi Altea.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nortal

EPM wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same position as you with my 06 1.6 Leon. Last tank was the best yet. refilled at 620km with 80 left showing but in average use 600 is about it. I have slowed down from 130ish to 115-120 on motorway but only sems to make 20km a tank difference. Old tech engine so cant expect miracles i suppose...

I hear the 1.4TFSi engine is more economical, still very poor performance for a modern car, happy with everything else about the car but would still get rid of it if I could afford it either 1.4tfsi or more than likely a different manufacture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

nortal wrote: »
    I hear the 1.4TFSi engine is more economical, still very poor performance for a modern car, happy with everything else about the car but would still get rid of it if I could afford it either 1.4tfsi or more than likely a different manufacture.

ya i'm thinking about a diesel Leon but with the crap trade in and cost to change I'm as well of keeping my own. Had a spin in the 1.4 tsi and thought the performance was quite good to be honest. Nice pick up and sweet box

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

i have a 1.6 vectra 03

310/320miles about 50litres or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

04 Mondeo TDCi 130.

55l tank, normally top 650 to a tank. On a sustained motorway jaunt last summer I got 730miles to a tank.

Generally 50mpg+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭trabpc

Jaysus that's good, even the E39s had good economy. So much for the E60 being the pioneering fuel effecient beamer...

It is a Manual mind. 80% motorway

Advertisement