Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Mark Vantage benchmark thread!

Options
  • 28-04-2008 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭

It's out at 2pm GMT today so get downloading and then get the measuring tape out :pac:

*Warning, I believe you can only run it once if you don't pay for the basic edition ($7 dollars I think).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No runs for me here, XP on all my machines...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

well it looks like their server died :p

oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

downloading it now, 15 minutes left :D

My PC:
    Dell Dimension 9200 Vista Home Premium
    Intel Core2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz
    4GB Ram @ 667
    768MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

3D Mark Score - P5677
    CPU Score - 8511
    Graphics Score - 5110

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Waiting a few hours for the trial key. Have tried it a few times with a few different email address's and I still haven't seen a key. Look's like it's just an issue with the trial users...seems very dishonest by futuremark. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

7900GT :mad:

Dodgy stuff from Futuremark. I just ordered the cheapo version and I got the email 1 second later. Better be worth it :)

3DMark Score P6131
    CPU Score 10771
    Graphics Score 5361

Q6600 @ 3000mhz
    4 gigs ram
    8800gtx @ 650 / 1000mhz

First game test looks rubbish. Second test looks decent. Overall I'm very disappointed with this 3dmark. No demo mode which was always my favourite feature and the graphics are not exactly a revolutionary jump, in fact they are miles behind the most modern games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

First problem: wait for key
    Second problem: it won't take the key, the FAQ says this is a common problem, just keep trying it.
    Third problem: errors immediately saying can't create directory. FAQ says this is a common problem and can be ignored.
    Fourth problem: their servers are hosed so now I can't see the result that it needlessly insists on only displaying online
    Fifth problem: it can only be run once per trial key so I can't run it again without using another email address and waiting for the key again.

It's a buggy unfinished unusable piece of crap.

• Advertisement

Praetorian wrote: »
    First game test looks rubbish. Second test looks decent. Overall I'm very disappointed with this 3dmark. No demo mode which was always my favourite feature and the graphics are not exactly a revolutionary jump, in fact they are miles behind the most modern games.
    Have to agree with you, overall it's not great and whats the deal with the graphics :confused:.
    After all the hype and waiting for it's release it's a big disappointment, 3DMark06 is far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

just tried it there, I don't know how such basic graphics can slow my machine to a crawl, got 4700

Advertisement