Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA4 - Midnight opening - Trading games

• 28-04-2008 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I noticed a few places are opening at midnight tonight to sell gta4, however my friends and i will be making the purchase and were are a bit cheap when purchasing overpriced console games.

So i'm looking for a place thats open at midnight tonight and also trades in games, does anybody know of any place ?

HMV on henry street will be opening at midnight, do they cater game trades?

And help is greatley appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

HMV Henry Street are NOT doing a midnight opening. I just called them and they say it's only Grafton Street that is staying open tonight. Midnight to 1am to be precise.

regards,

mcgooch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Xtra-vision is your best bet afaik. They do trade ins, and they generally offer a decent price for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

My bad i ment Grafton street HMV, do they do trade ins?

And which Xtra visions will be opening? All of them ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

you never know. Xtra vision used to be open to midnight every night not so long ago so some may stay open xtra hour or 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

id hate to be in line behind u!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

mcgooch wrote: »
    HMV Henry Street are NOT doing a midnight opening. I just called them and they say it's only Grafton Street that is staying open tonight. Midnight to 1am to be precise.

regards,

mcgooch

do you have to be there hours before-hand or just turn up @ 12 and you'll get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Would you not have to hae it pre-booked to get in in xtra-vision tonight. I thought if ya pre-booked it you had to pay and could not trade in games for it. How much do you get for trading in two ps3 games? Beowolf and F1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

m.j.w wrote: »
    Would you not have to hae it pre-booked to get in in xtra-vision tonight. I thought if ya pre-booked it you had to pay and could not trade in games for it. How much do you get for trading in two ps3 games? Beowolf and F1

Depends on where you go. Gamestop do a deal where you trade in two old games and you get a new one for nowt.

I'm intending to do a trade in, I have far too many games that will never be played again.

I have pre-booked in Gamestop. What I am wondering though is, does the shop only open at midnight, or is it open a bit before that (like 11). The reason I ask is that I'd like to trade in the games before midnight, therefore clearing what I owe on GTA, and then when midnight comes, just get the copy and not hold up people behind me (with the chore of the trade in time).

Im just looking to trade in for cash. I dont have it prebooked but I know somewhere I can buy it tomorrow that didnt take pre orders. Would I get 50 euro for them two games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

It's my understanding that you dont get cash for the games ANYWHERE, just simply trading for discount on something your purchasing or store credit.

So if i havent pre-booked im ****ed till tomorrow pretty much ?

• Advertisement

Gamestop give cash but I would imagine you get ripped of that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭kirving

On a side note...anybody have an rough idea what I'd get for trading in Kane and Lynch? (Its 50 yoyo new on CDWow)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

On a side note...anybody have an rough idea what I'd get for trading in Kane and Lynch? (Its 50 yoyo new on CDWow)

A slap in the face for buying it in the first place, oh and about 15-20 euro I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭kirving

I didn't buy it! and hence the trade in! 15-20...I might keep it so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you trade in for credit you will get more than for cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

anyone get it at 12? being playing it all night, amazing game, hmv in grafton i qued outside

Advertisement