Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard drives

Options
  • 28-04-2008 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to play games that are saved on an external harddrive. Im using bootcamp on a mac to use vista and really want to get some good games like stalker. Is this possible. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Depends on your mac. They may not be able to run if the game requirments are too high. I think, though, that technically you shouldn't have a problem installing the games. It's how well they run that'll be the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

well its a black macbook that is as highly speced as i could get. I mean can you run the games out of the external hard drive instead of the main hard drive and do i have to change path directories or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If you are going to try playing games off of a external drive I would recommend getting a firewire enclosure with a sata drive. Read up on the available read and write speeds of models you find, the faster the better.

But I would not recommend it, in fact I would advise buying a bigger drive for you mac and installing everything again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Saw the title of the thread and thought it was going to be about playing PGR4 with a force feedback steeringwheel while wearing a pair of oven mitts, my mistake!

Advertisement