Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price?

• 28-04-2008 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭

Just off the phone to Game Liffey Valley (who are opening at midnight) and they said it would probably be between €70 and €75 but they won't know until tonight! I know it's a popular game and all but come on!!

Anyone got a good price on it that I can match to?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Probably under €60 in Tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 stacka

56 euro on pre-order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Can anyone confirm if Tesco in Dundrum will be doing a midnight launch, i.e. some poor chap workin the night shift will be stocking the shelves when a bunch of lads run in on top of him like a bunch of crazed girls after the new Malibu Stacy...with a new hat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

how much is the specia edition does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dlane99

64.99 in gamestop in cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

danbhala wrote: »
    how much is the specia edition does anyone know?

Iv mine book in smyths told me €95.. Hope its not more:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,951 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

64.99 in gamestop in Waterford.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

€40 plus €5 delivery from www.videogamesplus.com

I refuse to pay what the shops are asking.

• Advertisement

you always refuse to pay RRP or is it just for this game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

dlane99 wrote: »
    you always refuse to pay RRP or is it just for this game?

The stated RRP on most PS3 software is around 65 euros. Why should anyone feel obliged to pay 70-75 euros when Tesco will sell for 55-60 and websites will sell for as low as 40? EB, Game, HMV and Zavvi are not small companies and yet they seem very comfortable charging frankly ridiculous prices for console software. They won't change this unless enough people start refusing to buy from them.

The stated RRP on most PS3 software is around 65 euros. Why should anyone feel obliged to pay 70-75 euros when Tesco will sell for 55-60 and websites will sell for as low as 40? EB, Game, HMV and Zavvi are not small companies and yet they seem very comfortable charging frankly ridiculous prices for console software. They won't change this unless enough people start refusing to buy from them.

I agree that no one should pay 70-75 euro for it, I won't.
    Gamestop is 64.99 which is probably RRP, tesco (and smyths i think) will be at or below RRP aswell, so its not like there arn't places to get it for RRP.
    Thats why i was asking if he always refuses to pay RRP or was it just for GTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

€75 and they won't know until tonight. That's bull****, they know exactly how much it is but don't want you to find til you get there.

I have a pre-order there but might try pick it up somewhere else now.

quarryman wrote: »
    €75 and they won't know until tonight. That's bull****, they know exactly how much it is but don't want you to find til you get there.

I have a pre-order there but might try pick it up somewhere else now.

where is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

where is that?

I'd imagine he's refering to my OP, ie GAME.

And yes quarryman, it's complete bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yeah Liffey valley, I was onto them on the phone myself earlier but forgot to ask about price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just ordered in harvey norman for the morning only €56. Cant see Tesco or any retail store doing better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sledgehammer

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    €40 plus €5 delivery from www.videogamesplus.com

I refuse to pay what the shops are asking.

is this region free which format did you order i hve both 360 and ps3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I agree that no one should pay 70-75 euro for it, I won't.
    Gamestop is 64.99 which is probably RRP, tesco (and smyths i think) will be at or below RRP aswell, so its not like there arn't places to get it for RRP.
    Thats why i was asking if he always refuses to pay RRP or was it just for GTA.

I agree that you should only pay the lowest price.Few people, though, have mentioned what excellent value gta4 will represent for your 55euro.If you take your time on it, which is how i think gta is supposed to be played, you could get a few months out of ths game.Whats more, the new multiplayer has the capacity to provide years of fresh entertainment.I mean if you buy COD4 and dont have xbox live, what value does the game represent alongside GTA???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I have COD4 on pc, that game isnt worth anything if you dont play it online. Multiplayer GTA looks absolutely deadly, cannot wait for that.

Rang Tescos Maynooth. 02:01am GTA goes on sale, only 25 copies. 60 quid probably, dont see it anymore than that tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hmmm.. anything about the ps3 pack in Maynooth, do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Didn't ask, so not sure.

is this region free which format did you order i hve both 360 and ps3
    PS3. Has there been a region locked PS3 game thus far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

HMV

€74.99 god bless those christmas vouchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

60 in xtravision and a free caffeine drink to get me thru the nite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Is there truth to the rumour that you can buy an xbox with GTA for 200euro in one of the gaming stores like GAME etc?

That would be a great price if true. I don't believe it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Rockee wrote: »
    Is there truth to the rumour that you can buy an xbox with GTA for 200euro in one of the gaming stores like GAME etc?

Nope. Had a house mate tell me that and when I pushed him for where he got it he said he saw it advertised on TV.

I think you'll find that the TV ads state 'console from 200 euro' at the end.

No dice Cochise.

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Nope. Had a house mate tell me that and when I pushed him for where he got it he said he saw it advertised on TV.

I think you'll find that the TV ads state 'console from 200 euro' at the end.

No dice Cochise.

Ah! OK...

Still, console for 200 plus GTA on top of that for whatever its going at retail isnt that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Rockee wrote: »
    Ah! OK...

Still, console for 200 plus GTA on top of that for whatever its going at retail isnt that bad.

You can get a console with GTA for 200euro???

You can get a console with GTA for 200euro???

Nope, skip back a few posts and youll get the jist!:D

Advertisement