Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some help with vague recollection please

• 28-04-2008 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

I hope somone can help with this one its been driving me mad with ages.

basically its a snippet of a book I remember reading years ago. I cant remember anything about it other thanthis little piece of information -

Basically there are a group of Dragon Riders, the dragons (Wyrms) are "Stabled" in a gigantic cavern, they hang upside down from the ceiling to roost and the only way the riders can reach them is by the use of circular loops driven into the cieling which they walk across upside down with the use of hooked boots.

I know the description is terrible but i'm hoping someone out there can shed some light for me ! Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It wouldn't be The Colour Of Magic, would it? I recall exactly that in one of the chapters.

Of course, being a Discworld book that scene could have been a reference to something more "serious" and might not have been the book you're looking for...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

It's been a while since I read The Colour of Magic ... but I do remember a scene like you've described. The Dragons are imaginary, and their existence depends on the belief of the riders ... something like that ?

Otherwise, maybe it's by Anne McCaffrey, Dragonriders of Pern series ? Maybe one of the early ones ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oooh yeah that is in colour of magic, but.. .i think i do remember another book i've read with something similar
    you bastard op this is going to wreck my head all night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The Colour of Magic, no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

It could well be colour of magic alright. I thought it was something more serious than that though ?

Its definately not one of the Pern books because i'm reading those at the moment (theyre what caused me to think of this again :))

Ill root out Colour of Magic and take a look again and report back - thanks lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement