Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pubs in Killarney?

Options
  • 28-04-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Stag in Killarney, end of May. Only nine going, all in there thirties with a small amount of sense(hopefully). Where are the best pubs? Loads of sport to watch on the Saturday including Heineken Cup final and Ireland Serbia. Any advice on watering holes would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭randombar

This might help ya:

http://www.ratemypub.ie/Kerry/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Not too sure about sports pubs but the Laurels in the center of town is well known for its trad sessions. Also Molly D'Arcys, connected to the Muckross Park Hotel a few miles outa town is good for Sunday lunch, as is the Lake Hotel ( super views from the terrace if its a nice day )

I seem to remember there used to be an oul' lads pub on High Street that women weren't welcome in back in the day ( 1998 ! ), cant for the life of me remember what the name is but I heard a couple of feminists went and sued them so it may well be closed down by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Aquitaine

Courtneys, tatlers might be a good place to watch the match, murpjys

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Bttt

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I'd have to second Tatlers ... their are about 4 tv's in the bar with each showing a different sport whenever i go in there ... Good atmosphere aswell.

• Advertisement

As for after the matches, their really is no need to leave the town and practically every second building is a bar so you're bound to find at least one for a good laugh :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ashka

The kube or the plaza.

ashka wrote: »
    The kube or the plaza.

the Plaza wouldn't be renowned as a sports-bar and certainly wouldn't have any sort of atmosphere during matches when compared with the actual sports-bars in Killarney such as those mentioned above ... The Kube does draw crowds alright but i would only reccommend the Kube for drinks after the match, again for atmospheric reasons ...

For a stag week-end with so many sports to watch you really can't beat the the towns' actual sports bars like Murphys, Tatlers, O'Briens and The Failte. IMHO :)

Is O Briens the full name of that pub? Cant find an address for it on net. Thanks for the advice.

Its full title is Jimmy O'Brien's ... it's on the street opposite the court-house and the fairhill carpark ... at the end of fairhill and the top of plunkett street ... It's about 12-15 doors up from the Failte

• Advertisement

Thanks so far people. Any other hidden gems we should know about?

being honest with you ... with the time of year (end of May) you really can't go far wrong in that every place will be busy with tourists, locals and even students back after their exams ... almost guaranteed a great night :D ...

you know you might just have to do a pub-crawl :p and experiment with them and let us know how you get on ;) Have fun Qprmeath

Cheers people. Anyone else any advice? We are staying in Gleneagle apartments.

Advertisement