Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Holiday?

Options
  • 28-04-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

What's the story, is next Monday or Bank Holiday or not? Every calendar I've seen says it is yet I have people trying to set up meetings for Monday 5th of May.

Can anyone who works in a bank clear this one up for me? Will yis be open or not next Monday?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

its a bank holiday indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Woo-hoo! Cheers, a lie-in sounds on the cards, so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Actually Thursday May 1st is the bank holiday (but not an Irish public holiday), but Monday May 5th is a public holiday (but not a bank holiday).

The phrase bank holiday is a bit of a misnomer since the euro came in as there are a couple of them that arent Irish holidays. For example, the TARGET system will be closed on May Day making it a bank holiday, but it will be open on the 5th (and Paddies Day etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Uh-oh. Sounds like I'll have to ask the HR manager. Damn now, and I was looking forward to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Actually Thursday May 1st is the bank holiday (but not an Irish public holiday), but Monday May 5th is a public holiday (but not a bank holiday).

The phrase bank holiday is a bit of a misnomer since the euro came in as there are a couple of them that arent Irish holidays. For example, the TARGET system will be closed on May Day making it a bank holiday, but it will be open on the 5th (and Paddies Day etc.).
    Talk about digging the hole deeper and throwing sand in your eyes! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well i am off....

Advertisement