Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a...

Options
  • 28-04-2008 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Case, PSU and gfx card....

I'm getting all the other bits on adverts. There's a stacker 831 and Enermax 600w psu going there but they'd come to about €220.

I'm looking to get something cheaper than that.. A good bit cheaper if possible.

As for GFX, nothing super special.. Pref Nvidia so I can SLI if needs be...

Rest of the spec is Q6600, 8gb DDR 2, 2 x 500gb sata, Abit fatality mobo..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QUAD-Core-Q6600-ASUS-P5N32-E-SLI-PLUS-Intel-775-Board_W0QQitemZ330228776769QQihZ014QQcategoryZ108978QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I saw this bundle on E-Bay £103.85 for a q6600 and Asus P5N32-E SLI IT seems a good price .

They have more offers including ram check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

ABIT fp-IN9 = not the best for overclocking quads.....have a look at the gigabyte 650i board instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

No intention of overclocking it... Not for the time being anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's a great price....good find. I got a GB 650i myself the last day, but waiting on my 900 to arrive before I install it.....nice cheap mobo, rock solid according to all reviews and better then most of the competition in the same range

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Your just buying the motherboard!!!

Q6600 doesnt come with that deal...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Equally good spot, another of those deliberately misleading advertisements - honestly I don't understand why Ebay don't operate on a practical rather then technical basis. People get away with ripping people off all the time through deliberately misleading items.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Anyways... back on topic.

Can anyone recommend me a case, psu, gfx??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Coolermaster Dominator Xcalade €64: Really cool case, comes with 3 120mm fans and room for alot more...

Corsair TX650W 650 Watt €62: Class psu much better than that enermax one, has plenty of power and 2 x 8 pin pci e connections...

Sparkle 9600GT €112 : Might as well buy two at those prices..

Prices from hardwareversand

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=20878&agid=554

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Do you have any preference for case type rosco?

I'd look into the Antec Sonata 3. Good, solid and quiet case that comes with a very good 580w PSU. Then either a 9600gt or an 8800gt/gts depending on your screen size. If you go 9600gt you could get the lot for less than 220.

Advertisement