Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WELL L96 SNIPER Instructions and Review

Options
  • 28-04-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Just got one from Tony the other day from Eirsoft.

Straight from opening the box....

You'll find the barrel and body seperate,magazine the scope in its own box,scope mounts, a sling, a speed loader,bi-pod, some black bb's and allen keys.

The good news - you get tools
    The bad news - you dont get instructions

Start off by fitting the barrel to the body. the allen screws are already in place so you only need to align and tighten. One is located near the magazine way and the other just under the pistol grip on the underside of the body.
    Remember that the body is plastic so dont over do it with the allen key.(finger tight then about a half turn more is plenty)

Next is the bi-pod.
    You'll see the release catch under the barrel. Attach the bi-pod onto the rails hand tight then use a flat head screw driver to make em stick. Slide the pods on the mount into the reciever on the body.

To fold down you need to pull on the pins ( one at a time ) ]
    Then to extent, just turn the two slides until they drop. Remember to turn them back again to hold the legs in place.

Next is the sights...

Be gentle with these as they are good quality. They come with a sun visor ( yellow shade )
    Before you place the mounts onto the rail, just check to see if the rail needs to be tightened ( allen key again! )
    With the scope mounts, place them on the rail to what ever eye relief you want. You can also adjust the chin rest with allen keys! Before you tighten it all make sure its level and both mounts fit the scope, not blocking your sight adjusters and zeroing keys.
    Once again a flat head screw driver can tighten the mounts home.

The sling is optional ( It does work, but keep your eye on it as the clips wouldn't be the strongest )

Next is filling the mag, With the speed loader and attachment, compress the magazine with your left hand and fill with your right. The bb's go in the feeding spout ( same as most pistols )

When loading, make sure the spout of the mag is towards the end of the barrel!

When you cock it, wait for the click,push forward and lock, remove safety and fire!

It may take a bit of time to zero the sights! Depending on the range you want to operate. This is accurate between 40-70 feet and the hop up is grand!

The mechanism is nearly silent so it gives the whole ( Ghost feeling )

The outer barrel is metal, same as the bi-pod.
    Its a lovely weight and length and really looks savage!

This is a great buy, for the price its perfect for the beginner or the pro!

It comes in black or green depending on the stock imported.

The mag holds 30 rnds so its perfect for that one (long range kill)

Let me know if I left anything out or if you have any questions!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭uprooted shane

just got my 96 off tony there the other day. really nice gun. feels really nice to shoot, only thing is, the hop up is <u>KILLING<u/> me! ive tried adjusting it, but fully turned to the left, its flying up, fuly turned to the right, its flying up, in the middle.... you guessed it, flying up!

the hop up is right in front of the mag, in the same slot for it.

now im new to the whole airsoft thing, is there a trick to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

just got my 96 off tony there the other day. really nice gun. feels really nice to shoot, only thing is, the hop up is <u>KILLING<u/> me! ive tried adjusting it, but fully turned to the left, its flying up, fuly turned to the right, its flying up, in the middle.... you guessed it, flying up!

the hop up is right in front of the mag, in the same slot for it.

now im new to the whole airsoft thing, is there a trick to it?

Use heavier bbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭uprooted shane

cool, will do :D

Advertisement