Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N91 Screen smashed. Is it worth keeping?

• 28-04-2008 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

The screen of my N91 got smashed recently :mad:
    Can this be replaced at a reasonabe cost or do you just dump it and get another phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

If you love music, keep it and get it fixed! There still is no phone that sounds as good imho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

Definately, go on to ebay and buy a screen for around €20 + postage

Then go to the following link and change it yourself.

http://downloads.swinetown.co.uk/N91_Disassemble.pdf

It should be fairly simple.
    All you need is a T6 screwdriver, and that might me supplied with the sreen.
    It was with the one i bought.

If you go to a repair shop, they could charge you anything..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

the screens are fairly easy to replace in the E61 so the N91 should be similar. these are not like iphones, nokia build their phones well - lots of little components that can be replaced

is the hard drive ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

towel401 wrote: »
    the screens are fairly easy to replace in the E61 so the N91 should be similar. these are not like iphones, nokia build their phones well - lots of little components that can be replaced

is the hard drive ok?
    Not sure, it was hopped off a wall :eek: It displays Nokia in blue writing on boot up but freezez at that. are they rom chip based or hdd? I have the N95 so I am not too bothered if its knacked, I had two years good use out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

The screen of my N91 got smashed recently :mad:
    Can this be replaced at a reasonabe cost or do you just dump it and get another phone?
    Not sure, it was hopped off a wall :eek: It displays Nokia in blue writing on boot up but freezez at that. are they rom chip based or hdd? I have the N95 so I am not too bothered if its knacked, I had two years good use out of it.

If you still have this I'll buy it off you,

I need a surrogate N91 to put my hard drive into from my own N91 which got wet,none of the buttons work but the phone does, which means when I plug in the usb cable I can't select mass storage to transfer all the data onto my pc.

I have an N95 now too but there are a lot of notes and stuff on the N91 that I need
    HELP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

that probably means the hdd is dead as a dodo :( and the feckers use some sort of special connector or you´d be able to replace it with a CF card

Advertisement