Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum List missing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Zaph wrote: »
    Ah crap, I hope it comes back, I use it all the time. Finding it very irritating without the list. :(
    Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Zaph wrote: »
    Maybe I'm the only one. :)

Only ever used it to go back into the main forum page after reading down to the end of a thread or posting. It was very handy, maybe it could be reinstated just to do that?

You mean you people don't use "« Previous Thread | Next Thread »"

:eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Boo! I used this al the time and there's no way I'm going to go scrolling down to a button to bring me up to the top of the page to a menu so I can pick the forum I want.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I like the new menu.

I'll miss the old one for navigating to the [Private] fora though, I did use it a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

CuLT wrote: »
    Might do that, we'll see how it goes for the moment.

FYI, there's a "top" link at the bottom of the page just below where the forumjump menu was that brings you to the top of the page, and thus the DHTML menu. No scrolling necessary :)

The "Home" button on your keyboard does the same thing.

Ta, if its possible to add, that would be class. Never scrolled down so far to see the "Top" link, handy to see. To some people keyboard shortcuts belong to a time when the only colour on a monitor was green. :)

Wot Mr Magnolia said about private forums, but maybe another work around is add them to your subbed list.
    Victor wrote: »

Aha! Thats why the post count is strong with this one.

Hmmm.

/strokes chin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I cant find the link for Moderators or Slydice or Booth08 or Illuminati.

Mike.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm actually lazy/impatient enough to have wanted to suggest a Return to Forum button in each post of a thread... might hold off on that now.
    The site is still slow, BTW, ICYHN...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I always use it. Always.

I vote for it to return!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's disgrace, an outrage! I'd ring Joe Duffy only for a don't like the ****.

I used it all the time, maybe a trow back to my dial up days when that top menu rarely ever worked.

I'm old and set in my ways, I'll continue to click away in that corner for weeks to come. It's my work that will suffer in the end. I could lose my job! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Victor wrote: »

Good god no, imagine the drivel you might end up reading...much more preferable to click on a title that catches your eye and then at least you don't waste time in topics that don't interest you...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I posted in the Helpdesk forum before I saw this.

So say for example one is in the Motors forum how do you quickly jump to another such as Commuting and Transporting without returning to the main page ?
    I used that drop them menu more than any other feature of boards and I've actually found myself using boards.ie less since due to the pain of jumping to forums quickly.
    Please tell me I'm missing something obvious and what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Jip wrote: »
    I posted in the Helpdesk forum before I saw this.

So say for example one is in the Motors forum how do you quickly jump to another such as Commuting and Transporting without returning to the main page ?
    I used that drop them menu more than any other feature of boards and I've actually found myself using boards.ie less since due to the pain of jumping to forums quickly.
    Please tell me I'm missing something obvious and what it is.
    Javascript menu at the very top of the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I am a member of three other forums with a similar layout to "Boards". They all have the "jump forum" list and there's no slowness problems. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Rigsby wrote: »
    I am a member of three other forums with a similar layout to "Boards". They all have the "jump forum" list and there's no slowness problems. :confused:

HC has it, it get's slow a lot and there's a good bit of downtime.

I found the previous menu confusing because of the amount of forums. It's more at home on a smaller forum. I like the new thingy down the bottom. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Always used it. It became second nature to get to the forum front page :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Didn't realise how much I used it until it was gone. Always used to hit the go button to get back to the forum I was in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

pd101 wrote: »
    Didn't realise how much I used it until it was gone. Always used to hit the go button to get back to the forum I was in.

Press the back button on your browser or by pressing backspace it does the same thing! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Joe Robot wrote: »
    Press the back button on your browser or by pressing backspace it does the same thing! ;)

Ah but then the thread is still highlighted as unread.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

Joe Robot wrote: »

Not really. Right now, it would bring me back to page three in this thread.
    I don't miss the drop-down list per se, but I really miss the go button to get back to the current forum. I can live with the compromise of the new links at the bottom of the thread, but until it becomes second nature, It'll be bloody frustrating, especially as any other vBulletin site I visit tends to have the same layout. :-/

Advertisement