Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Build Quality?

Options
  • 28-04-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I'm having a look round for a new motor at the moment and was looking at the 03 Renault Megane. I have a 00 Astra for two years now and its been brilliant but the mileage is starting to creep up and want to come up a few years too. I’m looking at spending €6500 or for the right car €7000 max.

I went to look at a Megane last week and noticed that the drivers side door handle seemed to stick when you pulled it out and all round the interior just seemed battered. I was just wondering if anyone has experience of Renaults build quality and reliability?

I've heard a few horror stories about French cars but mainly Peugeots and Citroens. Haven’t heard much about Renaults either way so any advice??? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Renault electronics, I.E. card keys have alott to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Reaches for the popcorn. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Here we go. Search the archives for all the old heated Renault debates. I would steer clear of ANY car that is as battered as you make it sound, not just the Megane. My wife has a Megane Diesel estate (2006) and I think its a fantastic family car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

This will provoke an often emotional reaction.

From my personal experience, I have owned 2 Renaults and neither have given me any trouble worth mentioning.

The one you looked at may have been abused or poorly maintained. I wouldn't care if it was a Rolls Royce, if it hasn't been well maintained, walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Are we not confusing reliability issues with poor build quality here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

bazz26 wrote: »
    Are we not confusing reliability issues with poor build quality here?

LOL, are you stoking the fire here?

Advertisement