Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orignal Working Condition, Help

Options
  • 28-04-2008 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

I have an automatic Airsoft gun which is battery powered, Its starting to loose its range and is not as powerful. What steps do i take to bring it back to its full potential?

The only thing i can think of is to buy a new battery...? any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What make and model is it? If it's cheap it would probably be easier to just buy a new one. If not then there are a few parts which can be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Range would be the hop and spring wearing out, battery only affect rof and capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Can I ask what model it is?Sometimes the springs on clones wear out
    Fairly quickly.Did the battery come with it?If so a change of battery
    is an option if it is one of the cheap included type.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I'm only new to airsoft, i bought in the gadget shop in the square, its made by CYMA, its a G3-6C, i got a battery with it. I haven't used it that much. And got it for €85

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Is the model a Cyma M85?If thats the case then upgrading will be
    difficult as I don't think it is a clone of an established model but rather a LPEG.Have you checked the power as the M85 fires at around 0.5 joule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I'm only new to airsoft, i bought in the gadget shop in the square, its made by CYMA, its a G3-6C, i got a battery with it. I haven't used it that much. And got it for €85
    not exactly a skirmishable aeg ,being honest

Gatling wrote: »
    not exactly a skirmishable aeg ,being honest

Yeah i know, what would generally be expected as a good gun? How much would you have to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yeah i know, what would generally be expected as a good gun? How much would you have to spend?

100 euro up ,in a proper airsoft shop , like Eirsoft, MIA,

all depends on what gun you you like and role you like.

stay away fro the likes of the gadget shop, they usualy sell low power cheap stuff for over exagaratted prices

Gatling wrote: »
    100 euro up ,in a proper airsoft shop , like Eirsoft, MIA,

all depends on what gun you you like and role you like.

stay away fro the likes of the gadget shop, they usualy sell low power cheap stuff for over exagaratted prices

Ah cheers man, thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 LSnK

This would be a good replacement for the one you've got. It's the same type of gun but more reliable and powerful, and it has a solid reputation. Costs 140.

There's a UMP for 100, which I've got. It's great too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

LSnK wrote: »
    This would be a good replacement for the one you've got. It's the same type of gun but more reliable and powerful, and it has a solid reputation. Costs 140.

There's a UMP for 100, which I've got. It's great too.

I'm 100% in agreement.

Also, both can be very easily modded to take a 9.6v to increase ROF.

Advertisement