Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Wii News Ever, this may be an exaggeration!

Options
  • 28-04-2008 5:38pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://wii.qj.net/Rumor-Metroid-Prime-Trilogy-headed-for-the-Wii/pg/49/aid/119049

Oh please,
    Oh please,
    Oh please,
    Oh please,
    Oh please,

I have been looking forward to this one since I first played Metroid Prime 3, so few people played the first 2 due to the poor sales of the GC, now more may sample the game series' greatness, and maybe they can balance the gameplay a little better while they are at it, some of the bosses in Prime are pigs, not literally, they are just very hard, and the whole of Echoes is very difficult indeed, still cool, just very difficult!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Bah - I want a new 2D metroid game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You people just can never be happy, can you?????

Really though, I need Pilotwings 64 on VC, that or a proper update to the franchise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭vivadeadponies

metroid prime was built to suit the gamecube controller perfectly in the same way mario 64 was for n64.

probably last generations best game imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i hated it on the gamecube, hated it so much. haven't tried the wii version yet.
    some day, some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'll only buy it if it's compatable with the balance board and forces you to pysically curl up into a ball for the morphball sections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I'll only buy it if it's compatable with the balance board and forces you to pysically curl up into a ball for the morphball sections.
    ...and hop on the spot for morph ball bombs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You never know, and you could have the Wiizapper in your hand as well, just to complete the picture.
    Sure the controls were well tailored to the GC, but, being a 1st person game, and given the way the latest game in the series worked so well on the Wii, I'd reckon it'd only add to the game.
    The controls only let one down when panning up and down, and the 1st two games did rely on a rather strong lock on, if memory serves.
    Certainly the Wiimote could improve my performance on the 2nd game, which sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

good news indeed!but then the GC versions that i spent time to dig from friend's and ebay would be....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Er, don't they already work on the Wii?

Seems like just a way to charge €44 for a "new" game that you can pick up second hand for a fiver.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you can play gamecube games on the wii using the gamecube controller, but not the wii mote with it's phallic awesomeness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Mordeth wrote: »
    you can play gamecube games on the wii using the gamecube controller, but not the wii mote with it's phallic awesomeness.

Oh right, is the thrusting of the Wiimote towards Samus while shouting "Yeah, take it baby!" that people want ...

http://wii.qj.net/Nintendo-debunks-Metroid-Prime-Trilogy-for-Wii-rumor/pg/49/aid/119085

As Ted once said, FECK!

And yes, the games already work on the Wii, but then, so does Resident Evil 4, but no one would deny that the addition of Wii controls, proper widescreen support were not worth buying it for, same for the Metroid titles, if only it were true they were Wii-bound that is!

Advertisement