Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where should the EU stop if anywhere?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

PHB wrote: »
    Where do people think the EU should stop? Do people think there are any criteria for excluding countries from joining?

Personally I look forward to the day when Canada joins :)

The only problem is east and Turkey. We shouldn't go too far from Brussels cause more far you'll go, more problems you will have with integration. I think nobody would be glad to see the country that will ban every European law because it's against their culture or religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

WooPeeA wrote: »
    The only problem is east and Turkey. We shouldn't go too far from Brussels cause more far you'll go, more problems you will have with integration.
    Why would Turks have problems integrating into the EU? There are already large numbers of Turks living in some EU countries, are there not?
    WooPeeA wrote: »
    I think nobody would be glad to see the country that will ban every European law because it's against their culture or religion.
    You're suggesting that Turkey would attempt to overturn "every European law" because they're (apparently) so different to us? Is Turkey not conducting major internal reforms so that it can join the EU?

Advertisement