Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lusk Superdump

Options
  • 28-04-2008 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there, does anyone know what the current status of this is ? Myself and my partner were thinking of buying a house in the Orlynn Pk area and would like an update on this before we make any decision. I contacted a local councillor a while back and he advised that An bord Pleanala were having a public meeting in the Bracken Court but I couldnt make it. Any updates on the situation or advise on where to get easy to understand info would be great !

many thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

hoolihoop wrote: »
    Myself and my partner were thinking of buying a house in the Orlynn Pk area
    The proposed superdump won't be near Orylnn Park. Although the dump is in Lusk, it's actually planned for an area to the west of the M1/R132, several miles from Lusk village itself. The current dump (Baleally) is a bit closer but still outside the village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hoolihoop

thanks.I realise its a bit away from the village and that alright, but I just wanted an update as it will be in the general vicinity . Do people think that when it goes ahead it will have negative implications for the area or is it all just hype ? ie is there any health risks or that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

hoolihoop wrote: »
    Do people think that when it goes ahead it will have negative implications for the area or is it all just hype ?
    What have you heard that indicates it definitely going ahead?

It's a complex issue at the moment. The site sits on top of a large water basin which supplies 1000s of homes, I wouldn't be expecting anything news from APB yet. It will end up being decided at European level, which won't give it a favorable outcome.

You can check out the EIS here, which should give you some more info.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/EnvironmentAndWater/Landfill/ProposedLandfillforDublin/

Advertisement