Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

grade 3 faults

Options
  • 28-04-2008 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

anyone got any examples of a grade 3 fault? i'd imagine failing to stop at a stop sign is one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

johnrd wrote: »
    anyone got any examples of a grade 3 fault? i'd imagine failing to stop at a stop sign is one?

failing to stop at a stop sign, failing to stop at a red traffic light, driving on the wrong side of the road, runnng over pedestrians, speeding...pretty much all the bad ones. Anything that's considered a danger to yourself, pedestrians or other road users, or disregard for traffic controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I received a grade 3 observation fault for not looking out my driver-side window as I was on the corner of the 'reverse around a corner'. I checked all 3 mirrors and my blind spot before moving off, checked all mirrors while reversing, but only checked my driver-side window after having turned the corner. Other than that, I received three grade 2 faults.

Gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Drunk driving , speeding, wrong way on one way street, unsafe road position, not stopping at pedestrian crossing...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Fidelis wrote: »
    I received a grade 3 observation fault for not looking out my driver-side window as I was on the corner of the 'reverse around a corner'. I checked all 3 mirrors and my blind spot before moving off, checked all mirrors while reversing, but only checked my driver-side window after having turned the corner. Other than that, I received three grade 2 faults.

Gutted :(

That's another one to be careful about, they're on the look out for that check over your shoulder before you start the turn. You must make it BEFORE you begin turning, as the front of your car will swing out. Hard luck Fidelis, that's unfortunate.

Advertisement