Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I Be Aloud?

• 28-04-2008 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ireallywantgta4

I am fourteen and want gta iv.
    My mom won't let me get it. In the hope some people don't feel so strongly against it I have come here looking for people who think I should be allowed get it. I play relatively violent games all the time like Halo, CoD4, Army of Two, Bioshock and from what i've heard the violence isn't much more than that. Most of the people that are my age (and younger) get this and many other worse things.

I hope some people will think i should be allowed play it, if you do give a reason as I might show her this page (if she doesn't find it herself).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

No, simply because you cant spell allowed....

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its 18's....so no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

sure why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ireallywantgta4

yeah, stupid mistake.

one no.. this isn't going so good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Its 18's, you're 14 so no you shouldnt be allowed play it. Just read this forum, we'll let you know how it is.

• Advertisement

yay... no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

18' so no way. Just another 4 years to wait!! :D

this was a stupid idea. I should have gone to a better forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Of course you shouldn't...:D

I played the first gta when I was 11 and I turned out perfectly normal (I think). So I don't see any problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I've been playing GTA since I was younger than you and I turned out GTA

In fairness, I think games have come a long way since I was a wee lad, graphically and content thats in them and put it this way, if you were my child, id have to know youd be mature enough to play it, if youve played Bioshock I cant really see the problem as GTA is more cartoony violence, just dont get Condemned!

;)

Fieldog wrote: »
    just dont get Condemned!

;)
    Even I'm too scared to play that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Fun fact: I was 10 when I played the original GTA. Never owned it though, had to play in a friend's house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

this was a stupid idea. I should have gone to a better forum

What kind of answer were you expecting?? After all the fuss that was caused over 18's games being sold to minors, which also threatened to disrupt the gaming we enjoy, do you really think anyone here is going to say yes you should get it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I am fourteen and want gta iv.
    My mom won't let me get it. In the hope some people don't feel so strongly against it I have come here looking for people who think I should be allowed get it. I play relatively violent games all the time like Halo, CoD4, Army of Two, Bioshock and from what i've heard the violence isn't much more than that. Most of the people that are my age (and younger) get this and many other worse things.

I hope some people will think i should be allowed play it, if you do give a reason as I might show her this page (if she doesn't find it herself).

Thanks

I think you should be allowed to play it, if your mature enough that is...I've playing all the GTA games since I was in primary school and It's done no harm. Anyways age is just a number.

Fieldog wrote: »
    In fairness, I think games have come a long way since I was a wee lad, graphically and content thats in them and put it this way, if you were my child, id have to know youd be mature enough to play it, if youve played Bioshock I cant really see the problem as GTA is more cartoony violence, just dont get Condemned!

;)

See... my mom would let me get condemned (2?) (probably because she doesn't know what it is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Another No, focus on your English homework instead.

What could a 14 year old possibly want with an over 18's game
    which features joy riding, mindless violence, gang-land shootings,
    foul language, hookers and pimps.*

*Just in case your mum finds this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Yeah I always go to a better forum when I'm not told what I want to hear. It always works, eventually.

I assume your mam objects to the violence/banging hookers in it? For the record I was listening to Eminem rap about slitting his wifes throat at 14 and I turned out fine. Then again, maybe you're just a ticking time bomb and your mam is protecting you from yourself :eek:

tribulus wrote: »
    Yeah I always go to a better forum when I'm not told what I want to hear. It always works, eventually.

I assume your mam objects to the violence/banging hookers in it? For the record I was listening to Eminem rap about slitting his wifes throat at 14 and I turned out fine. Then again, maybe you're just a ticking time bomb and you're mam is protecting you from yourself :eek:

thats helpful (she will find this (i have no doubt))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I got the first GTA when it came out and I'm only 17 now so I played it before I was 14 anyway, a good bit before I was 14. Something like 9 or 10.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

OP, when I was doing yer Ma last night I slipped her an extra €60 for a copy of GTA just for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

A lot of the violence is pretty comical and a lot of other stuff out there is worse. I would still have reservations though. If you were 16 I would say it is fine, probably even 15 but 14 just seems a little young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I'm 17 and am getting it, its quite obvious why it's 18 but thats up to your parents I'm afraid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Big difference between this GTA and GTA 1

Melion wrote: »
    You still ran over and shot people.

See... my mom would let me get condemned (2?) (probably because she doesn't know what it is)

Hmm,

Does she monitor what you play?

Did she see Bioshock? Dudes injecting themselves? Drilling peoples insides out?
    Murdering little girls etc!

Well then you'll get a Yay from me if she let you play that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

Melion wrote: »

yeah the hare krishnas were dead handy to find in GTA 1.

And no you shouldnt be allowed to get it.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Sure why not? I played the first when I was under 18 and I turned out fine. I was going to murder those prostitutes anyway.

I'm not going to answer either way actually, because I think it's down to the individual, and somehow I doubt your mum's opinion would be swayed by posters on a video game forum in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I got the first GTA when it came out and I'm only 17 now so I played it before I was 14 anyway, a good bit before I was 14. Something like 9 or 10.:D

You sure about that? :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement