Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Picture thread (with short description)

• 28-04-2008 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

Let's start a picture thread.
    Can I ask everyone to please keep this to pictures and short descriptions of the vehicles? Start a new thread to discuss the finer points of a particular vehicle.

Here's my No. 1 baby-
    h0x9521mf8zy4.jpg

It's a Tomcat 90, built on a Land-Rover 90 chassis and set up for winch challenge events.
    3.9 V8 with 4 speed ZF automatic transmission from an early 90s Range Rover, ARB diff lockers all round, modified Warm 8274 winches on both ends, lots of other goodies.
    my.php?image=h0x9521mf8zy4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

a little less intimidating:

55137.jpg

VW Transporter Syncro 14"; 1.6TD; 4 + R gears + "Gelaendegang"; constant 4WD via viscous coupling; front and rear difflock; ex German military police.
    My daily driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

are they mini scud missile launchers on the back of the landy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

heres mine shes a little clean now but not used for the school run and never will be.
    46ua1.jpg

its a hilux surf 3.0 TD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Haven't got one at the moment.
    But hoping to pick up something like this soon...
    hiluxtq6.jpg

What I used to have...
    img0100oq0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 fourx4fan

Rovi wrote: »
    Let's start a picture thread.
    Can I ask everyone to please keep this to pictures and short descriptions of the vehicles? Start a new thread to discuss the finer points of a particular vehicle.

Here's my No. 1 baby-
    h0x9521mf8zy4.jpg

It's a Tomcat 90, built on a Land-Rover 90 chassis and set up for winch challenge events.
    3.9 V8 with 4 speed ZF automatic transmission from an early 90s Range Rover, ARB diff lockers all round, modified Warm 8274 winches on both ends, lots of other goodies.

And some baby that certainly looks.........fabulous. Am I right in thinking that it's one of a pair that were runners up in the Irish Off Road Challenge Championship last year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

So far some nice vehicles.
    So here is one of my two Land Rovers.

It's a 1980 Series 3 EX-MOD.
    90% restored.
    2.25 Petrol engine, twin tanks

Robert

Oh, It's not for the MUD ;)
    DSCF2537.JPG
    DSCF2538.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Heres my discovery, its a bit too clean for my likeing but i had only just bought it the day before the pic was taken.

2.5 deisel
    modifications....er....cd player ? a nice scratch to the rear due to having a tiny driveway instead of the required parking field lol!

seriously tho - just waiting for the cash to biuld up before I kit it out properlly and start looking into some offroading/greanlaning clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

the designer speed scratch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

My brothers work horse. A 1996 Hilux, heading for an estimated 250,000 miles, and still going stong.

HiluxKevins2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

fourx4fan wrote: »
    And some baby that certainly looks.........fabulous. Am I right in thinking that it's one of a pair that were runners up in the Irish Off Road Challenge Championship last year?
    i knew i seen that somewhere,im sure i have pics of it on my camera at the irish challenge last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Tonka

righto hopefully this should work.

attached is two piccies of my Tojos i had out in australia when i was working there in the mines.

the yellow striped one is a "Prado" or just plain landcrusier here in ireland, built to mine spec with a dirty great internal rool cage, highmounted lights and flag(so no BFT doesnt run you over) long range tanks, bash plates and really crappy tyres. The blue one is a 1982 40series landcruiser 11 seater, the big old white one HJ75 is the replacement of the 40series same engine(no timing belt, runs forever).

the other photo shows me fording a creek in cape york in the HJ75.

I effectively used the HJ75 as a large cardboard box when i shipped all my belongings back to ireland, two pallets fit inthe back. i think its the only one in ireland so honk if you see me about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

This is my 1993 2.5 Mitsubishi Pajero. Its standard jap passenger pajero spec, but when I got it I converted it into a Commercial. Now I have a low milage, low cost, high spec, well minded, 93' LWB pajero commercial, sure where else would you get it ;) Down sides are its slow, really slow, and it drinks fuel :mad:. At motorway speed, (125km), the engines doing 4000rpm :eek: so that doesnt help. but it suits me perfect :cool:

Mitsubishipajero2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

This is the cruiser ute i had when working on a water main in queensland.
    Long range tanks, big 6cyl diesel. 1000l diesel tank in the back for the machines. Slow as hell but would go through anything.
    Used to knock down small trees with it if they were in the way of the laser level!
    p1000160ni7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rrv8

backup428.jpg

backup024.jpg

slideways wrote: »
    This is the cruiser ute i had when working on a water main in queensland.
    Long range tanks, big 6cyl diesel. 1000l diesel tank in the back for the machines. Slow as hell but would go through anything.
    Used to knock down small trees with it if they were in the way of the laser level!
    p1000160ni7.jpg

I guess with a tonne of payload plus 180kg of onboard diesel you wouldnt be getting the bounce or speed of a unladen cruiser.

By chance that wasnt the Burdenkin Dam pipeline you were working on? I drove past the dam back in December 06. Rough as guts the track south of it were, really slow driving needed due to twists and turns i was in a rush though so it was kinda Colin MaCrae stuff hahaha. i lost the ar$& of it a few times :D.

did you ever hit a roo? I didnt see many cos of the drought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Na it was slow weither that tank was empty or full. It was the non turbo model. Have to say it was lethal when it was half full, the sloshing diesel would throw ya all over the spot on the gravel
    I got a few while i was out there...
    It was near a town called Monto and the water main was going to a silica mine that was going to open.

ah yeah, Monto Minerals. Ive been in Monto not a place i wanted to dwell in any longer thatn it took to buy a Eagles Boys pizza and a six pack o bundie. I drove up and down the Bruce Highway a few times to Emerald and cut through Kalpower forest park, ending up in Monto. Theres some great tracks in there particularly along the ridgelines.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Rovi wrote: »
    Here's my No. 1 baby-
    h0x9521mf8zy4.jpg

It looks like someone is trying to pull it up the hill
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

kbannon wrote: »

You said what we were all thinking from day one... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

kbannon wrote: »
    You said what we were all thinking from day one... ;)
    It's a fuel saving measure! :D

• Advertisement

This is good but
    This is real off roading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

Updated picture 3.0td hilux surf

HiluxSurf003.jpg

HiluxSurf010.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

here's Pajella. :)

pajella.jpg

I keep forgetting to get pics of her when she's dirty, this one is feeling a little to shiny for my liking. ;)

anyway, she's a 1996 2.8L Jap import Pajero Exeed in excellent condition and less than 70k miles on the clock.

when driving on beaches. what happens when you dont let enough air out of your tyres??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭nytraveller

Updated picture 3.0td hilux surf

HiluxSurf003.jpg

HiluxSurf010.jpg

here is the USA version of the Hilux

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

attachment.php?attachmentid=55527&d=1209962783
    me and my 60 series in the outback.

I will post photos of the utes and the other cruiser tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

heres some of the rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Great one I found on a Cherokee owners forum.
    DSC_2110_tonemapped.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

and here is Jacinta Bernadette:D

14052008073.jpg

18022008108.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 wexgun

2002 Honda ATV 350FM 4wd. Brilliant machine, never let me down. 2006 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2L LWB. Alfie the westie too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Some day :cool:

610x.jpg

dakar2007_tatra2.jpg

Some day :cool:

610x.jpg

dakar2007_tatra2.jpg

I'd say your local petrol station would love to see you coming:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Toyota KZJ90
    225k miles and counting