Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passing the year ...

Options
  • 28-04-2008 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

In my upcoming first year summer examinations I have six exams, five of which shouldnt be a problem passing. One exam though is pretty much a guarantee fail ... I'd be even worried about failing the repeat exam.

I did hear from someone, that if I was to get let's say 60% in one of my exams and let's say 20% in that exam which I hate ... that they can cancel each other out and that I can pass the year on compensation. Does anybody know if this is true or not?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

You need to get a minum of 35% in the exam you fail and pass another exams by double the amount you fail by. So say 35 in one and 50 in the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ModeSkeletor

You can usually compensate for 2 in total, read your course document.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Be careful and check the course document, as some modules can't be compensated for.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Definate Fail? How so? There is still loadsa time left. Just get all the notes off someone in your class and study your ass off.

Its a first year exam, shouldnt be too much material in it.

Advertisement