Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**AWFUL!!!** pings on games esat bt

Options
  • 28-04-2008 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭

is anyone else getting AWFUL (1000+) pings in games, in bf2 and css i cant even play because its so bad.
    Odd thing is its only started since BT increased from 3mb to 8mb and my line has gone to the dogs, the 3mb was reasonable but now 8mb is constantly dropping and has atrocious pings.

Call of duty on the PS3 doesnt seem to be affected for some odd reason though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

ps3 is ok but PC is crap? Sounds more like a malware problem to me. Get Spybot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

boot in safe mode with networking and youll probably see PC is also fine( and indicating too much junk/malware running ). Install Kerio Personal Firewall last free edition and block all the junk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭123

I wouldnt say so tbh,
    I only have 18 processes running and my pc is clean (I have spybot and avast)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I had the same problem last night in WoW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I had net problems last night with BT as well, is this a temporary or on going thing for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 FiachraYeah

Hi,

I've had real problems with my BT connection for the past week as well. The connection regularly drops, which can sometimes be fixed by restarting the router. Sometimes even that doesn't work.

Downloads of largish files (~5MB) stop half-way (or less or more) through and YouTube videos stop streaming before the end. It sounds like what razorblade_kiss describes here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055283923

I'm on BT's 8Mb package on the Dun Laoghaire exchange. I'm using a wired connection and have a ZyXEL modem. I can rule out spyware and I have not gone anywhere near my download cap (I doubt I'm being throttled).

Can other people give more info about their problems? How long has it been going on? What's your connection speed and your exchange?

Thanks
    F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭123

im on the blanch exchange and getting the same problems as you, constant line drops, files stopping half way
    HUGE packet loss and just general unstability and getting 6.35Mb/135Kb off my supposed 8mb/512k line
    Live pretty close to exchange too.
    What the f*ck is gone wrong with BT, thinking of going to smart myself, no more damn bt and their damn providers eircon

Advertisement