Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for a good work night out...

Options
  • 28-04-2008 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hey lads. Am in charge of the social side of things in my workplace and need to start thinking about a daycent summer night out. I was thinking of a bbq somewhere outside the city as we work in town. Have tried sean na mbads in ringabella but they're booked out for the night we want in june. Any other ideas along the same lines? Does anyone know if the pub in nead is still open? Had a great work night there a few years ago.

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

The brook in Glanmire do BBQs, it's not too far from town either for later on in the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

The Rochestown Inn, (Rochestown Road) they used to do a BBQ also. But what about organising a night out at City Limits for a Comedy Session, at least if it rains - nobody will care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mcelligott

Mc Carthys Bar on the Model Farm Road will organise bbqs as far as I know - friend of mine had work night there last year and thought it was great

Franciscan Well will do corporate bbqs also so they are certainly worth a shot.

There is always the Dog Track - bit of a cliche I know but a lot of people like it (never been myself).

Blairs Inn out blarney direction could also be a possibility - very nice location and beer garden out the back with good food too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

The brook in Glanmire do BBQs, it's not too far from town either for later on in the night.

+1 for the Brook. We had our company BBQ there last summer and it was a good night. Might I add the quality of the beer was outstanding...taste and quality of the pints were top notch...OK I'm a stickler for good quality fresh tasting beer but basic things that are not adhered to by lots of pubs (and reps for that matter) in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

the viaduct is where work used hold parties good craic but can be far out for people to come. in town maybe try the corn store comes with their own juggling bar man and the food there is just fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Thanks for all those replies they've been very helpful :D

Advertisement