Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I got my Lipf at the weekend

• 28-04-2008 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭

Well i entered a panel for the Lipf distinctions at the weekend and it got through

here is the panel

panel.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Congrats Steve, delighted you got your L!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

thanks dude

although i wasnt there

I was in the uk shooting deer and seals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Congrats. What happened to the IPF website?

dunno, someone obviously messed something up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Nice one dude.

Dont want to Hijack this thread, but does anyone have any idea of Uk equivalents to this kind of thing?

Im doing my NCTJ Photojournalism Prelim Exams in a few weeks, and after that want to start picking up a few things like this if i can...any help would be much apreciated [/thread hijack]

Again...well done! Some good shots in there too. :D

• Advertisement

yea the RPS do them

they do a L, A and F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

stcstc wrote: »
    yea the RPS do them

they do a L, A and F

Cheers mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

It's quite common for things like this, in Ireland, to be based on the English equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

Well done stcstc!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Congratulations Steve! I'm hoping to go for mine later in the year... Lovely panel, well deserved. Any idea what club won overall at the weekend? The website being down after 1 of their biggest events must be quite embarrassing to say the least! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

1st Dundalk 953 points also best mono panel
    2nd Drogheda 948 points and best colour panel

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ladgie353

Congratulations, and really deserved looking at the panel.
    Great pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Congrats Steve, a real nice mix of panel too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Congratulations Stephen, very well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I was in the uk shooting deer and seals

with a gun I hope ?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭JMcL

Nice one Steve, well done!

well if you call a canon 400 a gum yes, :-)

thanks again everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Congrats again Steve.

Are there any other qualifications (!) like this, if you don't belong to a camera club??

i am not sure of ones without being member of a club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭mervifwdc

Well done steve!

I've seen some of Steve's print work, and the web versions in this thread do not do them any justice! If you get a chance to see his work, take it!

Merv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

I don't suppose someone could explain these qualifications to me or point me in the direction of somewhere that can?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

The Irish Photographic Federation...

here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Sorry for reviving an old thread, just wondering if any boardsie photogs are going for any IPF distinctions this weekend in Thurles? I am going for my LIPF this weekend. Best of luck to anyone that is having a go! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Arciphel wrote: »
    Sorry for reviving an old thread, just wondering if any boardsie photogs are going for any IPF distinctions this weekend in Thurles? I am going for my LIPF this weekend. Best of luck to anyone that is having a go! :D

See you there so......I'll be trying for my L, have to say it's been an experience trying to get ready, the whole concept of putting together a panel as distinct from 10 reasonably competent shots has left me slightly out of my comfort zone...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It is a whole different mind set doing a panel. Found that what were some of my better images would not fit into it.

Will be trying to get down to Thurles to see the way it's done. I was away in Malta when mine went through.

Trying to get my head around an A panel now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Well i entered a panel for the Lipf distinctions at the weekend and it got through

hey congrats STeve, you must give me lessons for next time ...

he he hugh, any time

it's a bloodbath down here! Very tough judging on the L panels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Paul

Best of luck to you and any of the boardsies down there. Hope you get it and as someone thinking of trying for it next time, I'd be very interested to see your panel.

• Advertisement

cheers jolly, well i got my LIPF today but i would say a fair few people missed out. Session is still ongoing, they are doing the A panels now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

cheers jolly, well i got my LIPF today but i would say a fair few people missed out. Session is still ongoing, they are doing the A panels now.

Well done Paul on the L

The F (fellowship) panels are amazing stuff. There was one in there in particular, a travel one about Georgia and it's people, inspiring stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I got mine as well. Thanks to nilhg (who also got his today!) for taking my panel down as I couldn't make it down to Thurles. The panel is below.

BFF8B5F8D80F4AA996A8697351DBB482-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

I'm knackered, 'twas a long day, but I'm delighted to have made it over the line, you'd want to be a very cool customer not to have at least a few butterflies while the 8 judges (and 3 subs/learners) scrutinise your images, especially after many panels which looked very strong to me had got the thumbs down.

Ballyman wrote: »
    I got mine as well. Thanks to nilhg (who also got his today!) for taking my panel down as I couldn't make it down to Thurles.

No problem, I was happy to have one panel in the car I was sure would come through, well done Aindreás.

The F (fellowship) panels are amazing stuff. There was one in there in particular, a travel one about Georgia and it's people, inspiring stuff.

Nice to meet you Paul, and well done.

Yeah that panel was outstanding, and some of the others weren't far behind, I don't think it'll be long till some of the successful A's have their F.

The real story of the day were the three "visual art" panels and the open split they provoked in the judging panel, I'm too tired (and going to have a few celebratory drinks ) to go into more detail but will in the morning, have to say I found the day fascinating.

Anyway here's my panel,

54C5462C62764D37B2174398DDC2C782-800.jpg

Nice to meet a few of the internet warriors down there all right ;)

Ballyman, I was looking out for you when they called your name at the end to get your cert, I was expecting some big reveal and then ya didn't show up :p

As Nilhg said, there was some moments of almost X-factor-like tension and dissent among the judges. Some of the more graphic art/fine art stuff provoked some strong responses, more positive and negative. Debate is good I guess :)

Here's my panel, click on it to see the images full size in flickr...

4137112456_26960766d3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Paul - I thought yours was one of the stronger L panels today. Well deserved.

I was there until the first A panel & then had to leave. Wanted to stay but time was against me as I had to open up for the Book Launch back here.

Well done to those who were successful today.

Advertisement