Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bigot, sectarian site still running and nothing is being done

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Better on the internet than anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Censorship is pretty much always worse than what's being censored.

I'm not too keen on the OP's spurious link to terrorism either. Seems like he borrowed from the American "I don't agree with you so I'll brand you a terrorist" school of argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

insulting people online = getting your moneys worth from your isp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I take all your points regarding free speech and freedom of expression and I agree completely with you. However I do regard sites like this as being kind of a niche problem because here you have a site dedicated to one side of the community in the north - fair enough ive absolutely no problem with that and they are fully entitled to have their culture promoted etc - however as I said the north is a small place - more people live in the greater Dublin area then in all of Northern Ireland so perhaps the scope for drawing a line might not be so generous.

Take this contribution for example

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:14 PM

Well my sollution would be on the 11th instead of burning the irish tricolour we should burn out all the ares that fly this rag i think come the 12th we would really be celebrating.

Considering the norths history with house burnings, for example, - is this acceptable? I think this sort of stuff is not acceptable. People might say im being a bit sensitive and maybe I am but where do you draw the line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I would in general be a strong proponent of free speech. History has shown us often enough how dangerous it is for societies when that right is abrogated.

On the other hand, I do believe there should be some limits around areas like incitement to hatred, as mentioned. I think there is a point where the right to free speech is superceded by other even more important rights ... the right to go about one's daily life without being harassed by lunatic fringe bigots under the banner of "free speech", for example. Or to take an even clearer example (if an extreme one, admittedly), I doubt if many people would defend a site promoting and facilitating active paedophilia on the grounds of free speech ... most of us, I think, would contend that the rights of children to safety and protection outweigh the right to free speech in that scenario.

Where exactly the line is drawn is always difficult to define, however, and I certainly wouldn't claim any special insight on that subject. It's somewhere around where normal people in a normal society say "that's not on!" though ... rather than at a point which suits a particular political party, or a regime / government with something to hide / suppress.

I'm not sure that the argument of where the line is drawn is that relevant to the present thread, though. I find sites like Stormfront etc. extremely distasteful. I'm never that sure that suppressing them is the right or effective answer, however. Suppression makes martyrs. Martyrs become even more convinced that they are right, and even more determined and passionate about their message.

I'm more inclined to leave them in the open, where they can be seen, monitored and challenged, rather than driving them underground.

Point and laugh, people, point and laugh.

Ridicule is a far more effective weapon than suppression any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

darkman2 wrote: »
    I take all your points regarding free speech and freedom of expression and I agree completely with you. However I do regard sites like this as being kind of a niche problem because here you have a site dedicated to one side of the community in the north - fair enough ive absolutely no problem with that and they are fully entitled to have their culture promoted etc - however as I said the north is a small place - more people live in the greater Dublin area then i all of Northern Ireland so perhaps the scope for drawing a line might not be so generous.

Take this contribution for example

Considering the norths history with house burnings, for example, - is this acceptable? I think this sort of stuff is not acceptable. People might say im being a bit sensitive and maybe I am but where do you draw the line?

Apparently you don't agree with us. Free speech means that everybody has the right to express their opinion, end of story. You don't seem to understand the concept properly. I'm not trying to be condescending or be a smart-arse, but your position is self-contradictory.

In the example you posted they poster suggested an action, but it would be difficult to imagine it as a serious plan to commit the action he described. If there were a genuine threat to people's safety and the site was directly responsible for this, I'd agree it should be shut down. But if people are just stating their opinions then leave it. You don't like what's on it, don't read it

orestes wrote: »
    Apparently you don't agree with us.

I do agree with you - with the obvious stipulation within reason and as long as its not too offensive or circumstances are such where it would be too inflammatory. Much like the way boards is run.

I do agree with you - with the obvious stipulation within reason and as long as its not too offensive or circumstances are such where it would be too inflammatory. Much like the way boards is run.

The problem with that idea is that people on boards do not have freedom of speech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

I would in general be a strong proponent of free speech. History has shown us often enough how dangerous it is for societies when that right is abrogated.

On the other hand, I do believe there should be some limits around areas like incitement to hatred, as mentioned. I think there is a point where the right to free speech is superceded by other even more important rights ... the right to go about one's daily life without being harassed by lunatic fringe bigots under the banner of "free speech", for example. Or to take an even clearer example (if an extreme one, admittedly), I doubt if many people would defend a site promoting and facilitating active paedophilia on the grounds of free speech ... most of us, I think, would contend that the rights of children to safety and protection outweigh the right to free speech in that scenario..

I take it you're not a scientologist then.

I'm more inclined to leave them in the open, where they can be seen, monitored and challenged, rather than driving them underground.

Sorry, after reading that, I can't get the word 'squeak' out of my head.:)

Anyone know whatever happened to squeak? Buried alive?

• Advertisement

The problem with that idea is that people on boards do not have freedom of speech.

lol true - probrably a bad choice:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Very true, well said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Crazy people on the internet? There's no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Dub13 wrote: »
    Who have you complained to..?
    :pac:

lol true - probrably a bad choice:D

Yep :D

I agree with Randynohorn, just laugh at their stupidity and ignorance, and if we shut them up we lose plenty of chances to laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

On the other hand, I do believe there should be some limits around areas like incitement to hatred, as mentioned. I think there is a point where the right to free speech is superceded by other even more important rights ... the right to go about one's daily life without being harassed by lunatic fringe bigots under the banner of "free speech", for example. Or to take an even clearer example (if an extreme one, admittedly), I doubt if many people would defend a site promoting and facilitating active paedophilia on the grounds of free speech ... most of us, I think, would contend that the rights of children to safety and protection outweigh the right to free speech in that scenario.

Where exactly the line is drawn is always difficult to define, however, and I certainly wouldn't claim any special insight on that subject. It's somewhere around where normal people in a normal society say "that's not on!" though ... rather than at a point which suits a particular political party, or a regime / government with something to hide / suppress.

I'm not sure that the argument of where the line is drawn is that relevant to the present thread, though. I find sites like Stormfront etc. extremely distasteful. I'm never that sure that suppressing them is the right or effective answer, however. Suppression makes martyrs. Martyrs become even more convinced that they are right, and even more determined and passionate about their message.

I would agree with everything randylonghorn just said.

It can be difficult. I mean if people said these things in person then they would probably be arrested for incitement to hatred but when they are behind a computer screen typing it onto the internet, while still disgusting just seems juvenile and stupid.

The site in question, while claming to be a forum does not really allow for an oppossing point of view from what I have read on it tonight. Is there really any point in having a forum that contains little discussion?

I think randy's point and laugh suggestion is quite apt in the case of the particular site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

stevec wrote: »
    I take it you're not a scientologist then.
    Correct! :D
    stevec wrote: »
    Sorry, after reading that, I can't get the word 'squeak' out of my head.:)

Anyone know whatever happened to squeak? Buried alive?
    OK ... it may be the hour of the day, or the fact that as a day it has sucked donkey dick and choked on it to boot ... but that flew right by me ... :confused:
    Yep :D

I agree with Randynohorn, just laugh at their stupidity and ignorance, and if we shut them up we lose plenty of chances to laugh
    Be nice, notestes! :p

The site in question, while claming to be a forum does not really allow for an oppossing point of view from what I have read on it tonight.

Good point. The 'moderaters' seem to hate Catholics and others so they just ban them as far as I can see and go on their merry way. Some of the stuff is so unbelieveably ludicrous that all you can do is laugh.....and thats just the couple of topics I was looking at tonight. It really is very warped stuff but alot of it is incitement to hate anything thats not Protestant and thats not very funny tbh. In fact I feel sorry for them. No supprise really its not hosted in the UK or Irl. Id imagine it would have been stopped long ago. Im looking at this in the context of northern ireland and the tensions we know there are there. I dont think the site is appropriate but nothing we can do about it.

Anyone who reads it (dont waste your time) will notice the bizarre opinions of this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Don't know why but I really enjoy reading pulse, log on at least once a day.

The tri-colour thread is the worst one I've seen in a long time. Shocking that none of them disagree with it & ironic that there's a thread nearby something along the lines of "republican graffiti a form of intimidation"

Whats most sad is a lot of them really really want to hate the irish, not republicans, just irish people who themselves recognise the union & simply because they're irish they hate them.

A few months bak Ian O Doherty did a piece slagging of republicans at an anti-queen demonstration & they managed to attack HIM in their posts! Not all of them I admit, a lot of them agreed it was a good article.

Thing is, the idea of a descendent of a catholic not being a violent thug terrifies them, it means they cant hate & pretty much wipes out most of their personality.

Now it's not a justification for the sectarian nature of this site, but the IRA did kill & maim more people than anyone else in the conflict, many of those posters are related to & may even be victims themselves, its difficult to forgive those kind of attrocities no matter how irrational it is to lay blame on Irish who took no part & condemn the very same acts.

OK ... it may be the hour of the day, or the fact that as a day it has sucked donkey dick and choked on it to

Think it was squeak - maybe creak or squelsh - anyway t'was the looper that dug herself into a hole protesting about a road in Tara. We all pointed and laughed in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Dudess wrote: »
    OP, just don't bother looking at the site. The way it's disgusting you is exactly what they want.

But as for the "people are entitled to their opinion"/free speech argument: are people who believe, for example, that all children with cerebral palsy should be gassed, entitled to spread that view?
    yes most certainly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

yes most certainly

The temptation to start a thread about gassing those 'Cerebos' was strong but as boards does not allow free speech it'd be a pretty pointless endeavour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

More heat than light in this thread - with the exception of randylonghorn's post.

Insulting people and squeaking about the 'pc brigade' isn't intelligent.

Free speech is an important right - people should be free to tell the truth, and to discuss.

But the right to free speech is often invoked by the enemies of freedom.

Incitement to hatred has led to killing fests in recent years: without the ultra-nationalist radio stations broadcasting spumes of anti-Muslim rhetoric, the massacre of the Bosnian Muslims would never have happened, for instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

Thanks fúck for the interwebs, the joys of modern technology bring you the latest in 1970's thinking!

Wan ye romanist bástards! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

best entertainment on the internet ive seen in ages

let them continue, we need entertainment like this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

luckat wrote: »
    More heat than light in this thread - with the exception of randylonghorn's post.

Insulting people and squeaking about the 'pc brigade' isn't intelligent.

Free speech is an important right - people should be free to tell the truth, and to discuss.

But the right to free speech is often invoked by the enemies of freedom.

Incitement to hatred has led to killing fests in recent years: without the ultra-nationalist radio stations broadcasting spumes of anti-Muslim rhetoric, the massacre of the Bosnian Muslims would never have happened, for instance.
    Thank you for that post.

Very well put. There are people who abuse the right to free speech.

And to those who are so adamant about entitlement to freedom of speech, well if a person argues that spreading hate is an abuse of free speech, then please don't attack them. After all, they're only using their right to free speech and freedom of opinion. Do you not see the irony?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

OP, just don't bother looking at the site. The way it's disgusting you is exactly what they want.

But as for the "people are entitled to their opinion"/free speech argument: are people who believe, for example, that all children with cerebral palsy should be gassed, entitled to spread that view?

i might not be kidding when i suggest maybe it wouldnt be a bad thing for the gene pool to start cleaning out hereditary diseases the Spartan way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

No, there is no such thing as complete freedom of speech. There are number of areas where it is limited. Defamation, privacy, data protection, intellectual property laws. I doubt anyone would argue these aren't valid and require limits to free speech.

However, when speech enters the political, public issue arena I think it needs to be a much wider latitude. Free political debate is the foundation of democratic societies. It should include the right to offend or ever shock. Free speech should include not only the right to speak but the right to receive this information.

Personally, I'd probably draw the line at incitement to violence (specifically advocate violence towards certain elements of society) rather than incitement to hate. Nothing wrong with advocating disdain and intolerance towards murders, rapists, racists and coons.

I'm having fun pulling out random quotes from that PULSE site:
    Evil Republicans. I hate them all.
    How can marriage possibly cure homosexuality if anything it condones it by making it appear more acceptable, whether homosexuality is a matter of choice or not (I don't buy into this whole born a homosexual).

A lovely thread about Flag Burning: http://www.pulseresources.org/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=40378.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bluefin221

A couple of points, since I run the site in question.....

No matter what you try you will never change the mind of the keyboard hardman, we're well aware some posters act way over the top but try as we might they won't change.

We don't ban people for the sake of it, but its a PUL related board, so you have to expect PUL related peoples opinions both hardline and those pro peace, we'll ban people who come on and basically fire in pro Republican posts, if you debate properly we won't ban anyone. The site had a member from here on it for nearly two years and 10 people were banned due to abusing him, before he was eventually banned for a comment he made about loyalism.

Lastly, take the site down it'll be back up somewhere else, take it down again it'll be back up again, we'll change its name, we'll make joining harder, we'll pre approve members so in reality all you're doing is disrupting the services a few times, carry on its happened before I'm sure it'll happen again. I've seen plenty pro republican posts on this site in my time, it goes with the territory, I signed up for it so its expected.

BTW I'm away for a few days so won't be able to answer any responses back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Bluefin221 wrote: »

No matter what you try you will never change the mind of the keyboard hardman, we're well aware some posters act way over the top but try as we might they won't change.

We don't ban people for the sake of it, but its a PUL related board, so you have to expect PUL related peoples opinions both hardline and those pro peace, we'll ban people who come on and basically fire in pro Republican posts, if you debate properly we won't ban anyone. The site had a member from here on it for nearly two years and 10 people were banned due to abusing him, before he was eventually banned for a comment he made about loyalism.

Lastly, take the site down it'll be back up somewhere else, take it down again it'll be back up again, we'll change its name, we'll make joining harder, we'll pre approve members so in reality all you're doing is disrupting the services a few times, carry on its happened before I'm sure it'll happen again. I've seen plenty pro republican posts on this site in my time, it goes with the territory, I signed up for it so its expected.

...we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

luckat wrote: »

The idea is that in order to get to what the truth is people have to be able to discuss ideas freely, ideas which may turn out to be wrong.

This is true. You don't change anyones mind by silencing them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yes, you are, but not on here, so you can forget about your hate-mongering (and your mong-hating) on After Hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Frelance

Any particular reason why you bother? what exactly has your forum achieved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lads they are just hate filled bigots the type of people who have tried to tear this island apart. No better or worse than their nationalist counterparts or muslim extremists.

do not stoop to their level and post on the forum, leave them in their corner of cyberspace, their kind will never really die out but they become less relevant and more marginalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

I love english people

Sangre wrote: »
    coons
    Yes, you are, but not on here, so you can forget about your hate-mongering (and your mong-hating) on After Hours.
    Careful now...

Surreal indeed though maybe 2% accurate:D
    Well your superiority complex has been caused by the Roman priests who have brainwashed your potato head into thinking you are one of the O'Irish Master Race. Wakey, wakey, popeheed, and smell the coffee. Your Roman Republic is a Sectarian State whose track record on Human Rights is appalling. Even the treatment of the Irish orphans and Irish unmarried mothers that were sent to the infamous Laundries and Industrial Schools bring a black mark on your Fenian Statelet. These torture chambers run by Roman priests, nuns and the notorious Unchristian brothers once again highlight what your backward country is all about. We are not knuckling-dragging neanderthal simpletons but people well switched on to what you and your Sectarian cesspit really represent and the more information that comes in and the more we see the worst it looks for your pathetic country full of Fenians and Romans.

lol:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hi,

Ive complained about this particular website before
    http://www.pulseresources.org/ForumsPro/viewforum/f=1.html
    for its shameless promotion of bigotry, intolerance and at times sheer racism. This is one of the worst sites I have ever seen and alot of it is actually directed at Irish people for some reason. You only have to read one of those threads to see why. Basically its a Northern Protestant site. Fair enough but just read some of the threads! I think there was also a newspaper article in the UK not long ago questioning this site with far more damning comments then I have about it. What bothers me about this is that its still there. Its become a breeding ground for anti Irish, anti Catholic bigotry and other racism against others and its so blatant. They condon paramilitaries frequently and loyalist terrorist organistions on a public forum.

Ive no doubt the people who use the site are sad, pathetic individuals who wouldnt say such things on the street to someone in person. What im wondering is why, despite the many complaints to the regulators and in light of the peace process and all that - that such a platform is being tolerated? The stuff on that site is beyond belief:( Im far from the only person who has concerns about these sorts of sites - I think they should all be banned - that goes for the Republican ones with their garbage aswell!

Id like to encourage others to make official complaints about these sorts of sites aswell. Has anyone got any idea of what the best way to make complaints against sites like this is?
    As has already been said, it's hosted in America, so there's no point in complaining.

Karoma wrote: »
    It was aimed at the poster more than the post. Did I infract you for it? No. Did I ban you for it? No. Quit while you're ahead.
    Whoops. :oops:

Yep.
    Say what you want.
    There are idiots everywhere who will believe it, but that doesn't mean it's true.

What's your deal?
    Why do you hate us?
    What did we ever do to you?

I once knew a Catholic from Belfast.
    She hated people in the republic too. Blamed us for the troubles because we didn't fight to keep the 6 counties.
    She was a bit of a mad bitch though.

In conclusion, leave Britney alone.

• Advertisement

I thought this was going to be about Stormfront. I wonder if that other website will not like us too.

Look, OP, the good thing about the internet is you have the choice of not going on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Shower of absolute hate mongers. I made a post on there politely questioning a poster's remarks labeling Republicans as "reptiles" and "filth". They banned me for it.

They are intolerant to difference of opinion.

I agree with the original poster. After scouring over a few threads and posts on there, and being banned myself for asking a question respectively - I have come to the conclusion that the forum is a breeding ground for hate-monger nazis.

I have no problem with loyalists or their beliefs - I am not intolerant to their beliefs, and as an Irish Republican - I accept the reality that people have difference of opinion depending on their upbringing - but this crowd is absolutely and utterly disgusting and downright intolerant and not willing to try and understand anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Mehh

It is kinda interesting reading some of the threads on the site. That lot are livin in the Dark Ages. Talk about bitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

You shouldn't be allowed use the internet ever, ever
    Hi,

Ive complained about this particular website before
    http://www.pulseresources.org/ForumsPro/viewforum/f=1.html
    for its shameless promotion of bigotry, intolerance and at times sheer racism. This is one of the worst sites I have ever seen and alot of it is actually directed at Irish people for some reason. You only have to read one of those threads to see why. Basically its a Northern Protestant site. Fair enough but just read some of the threads! I think there was also a newspaper article in the UK not long ago questioning this site with far more damning comments then I have about it. What bothers me about this is that its still there. Its become a breeding ground for anti Irish, anti Catholic bigotry and other racism against others and its so blatant. They condon paramilitaries frequently and loyalist terrorist organistions on a public forum.

Ive no doubt the people who use the site are sad, pathetic individuals who wouldnt say such things on the street to someone in person. What im wondering is why, despite the many complaints to the regulators and in light of the peace process and all that - that such a platform is being tolerated? The stuff on that site is beyond belief:( Im far from the only person who has concerns about these sorts of sites - I think they should all be banned - that goes for the Republican ones with their garbage aswell!

Id like to encourage others to make official complaints about these sorts of sites aswell. Has anyone got any idea of what the best way to make complaints against sites like this is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I love english people

Eh?

Mike.

Ok just a couple of questions - you say you want 'discussion' - so why then did I open an account yesterday, not contribute to the forum at all but my account was suspended under the real suspicion I would have the account suspended because of my IP address - well? Could it be my IP address was from the Republic?

It occurs to me that your site would be better served for your own community by not tolerating bigotry from anyone, any side - full stop. Yet you allow it. How does this benefit your cause? - which as many have noted, unsupprisingly by the forum content (based only on that content) is based on hatred for everyone Irish or from that nasty place to the south? This may not be your view but nobody with an ounce of sanity from the Protestant community, I suspect, would take your site seriously at all - particularly as you say you are trying to promote your culture - is this what your culture has to offer - are the contributers to your forum the brightest there is?

How can you promote your culture/cause running a forum like that? It does not make any sense. You wont win friends quick and you are just further alienating yourselves as a bunch of sectarian lunatics......thats how your forum comes across. Do you not see why?

Finally - Whilst your forum is, frankly, absurd atm your agenda to promote your own community and culture is, of course, admirable and entirely appropriate - but when it comes to your site that is only in theory. Its a pitty because I suspect your own motives may be genuinely positive but its not reflected by members of the forum.

Also suspending accounts based on where they are from or that they simply look for clarification on certain claims made by members of your forum cannot provide meaningful discussion on anything. Since alot of fractured and at times ludicrous claims are made on your site - do you not think - in the interest of discussion it is reasonable to allow 'the other side' refute some of these alegations in a proper manner? Im talking about maybe moderate nationalists for example - not hardline republicans - which ive very little time for myself.

The conclusion is your site simply does not allow discussion.

Im all for the promotion of the different cultures on this Island but I fail to see how your benefiting atm:confused:

As I said earlier in this thread, btw, I equally detest hardline Republican sites with similar strains of out and out sectarianism and bigotry.

If you could address these points id very much appreciate it - thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

And lest you forget ladies and gentlemen, the internet is serious business.

Ok just a couple of questions - you say you want 'discussion' - so why then did I open an account yesterday, not contribute to the forum at all but my account was suspended under the real suspicion I would have the account suspended because of my IP address - well? Could it be my IP address was from the Republic?

I dunno man: I've had an account on there for a whole 12 hours with a Republic IP.

Bluefin, I have to say its my opinion that you would get fewer attacks by Republicans if the site didn't keep anti-republic defamation on it. If its not there they have nothing to attack.

I apologize but it cannot be blamed on a lack of moderation capacity, I've had several of my posts deleted in just a manner of an hour or so. Its simply a matter of your moderation team choosing to permit these defamatory remarks to stay up; like "Evil Republicans". By leaving this up all your moderation team is really doing is promoting more attacks on your site and creating more trouble for everyone in your community :confused:

I mean I can't to date recall the last time I heard an anti-North remark here on Boards and at the same time I've never seen anti-republican posters come here to cause trouble.

I would have spent time in the north long before now but as your site is re-assuring me of, things are still far too heated up there, and I just don't anticipate feeling welcome there :|

Overheal wrote: »
    I dunno man: I've had an account on there for a whole 12 hours with a Republic IP.

Mine lasted longer then that - check it tomorrow. ;) My email address was a live.ie address which I created just to see what would happen. So if your from the Republic your not tolerated - not a trait particularly to be promoted in the interests of 'culture'.

I made a post on there politely questioning a poster's remarks labeling Republicans as "reptiles" and "filth".

What they actually mean is 'Irish' or 'OIrish' people not just Republicans! Anyone who questions their absolute warped 'facts' about the Republic (a place most of these people have never been to) or about Catholics is banned which I agree does have something in common with a Naziesque regime. What ever their in to I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    They mean serious business in there, Someone join it and create madness! :D

Joining now... oh the joy!

And to think this was all started by two shinners in a pub in belfast

shinner 1:
    "an ceapainn tú an fearr sin sa UVF?"

shinner 2:
    "ní-ceapaim.."

shinner 1:
    "OK, back in a minute"