Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Learning Spanish in South America

• 28-04-2008 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm planning on travelling around South America for a few months starting the autumn and was thinking of spending the first couple of weeks there learning Spanish. I'll probably be starting in either Quito or Santiago. Has anyone done this? How did you find it? Also is it something i need to sort out before i leave or will it be cheaper/handier to organise when I get there?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

If you are learning Spanish in South America do it in Ecuador or Colombia. They have the easiest Spanish to understand. It will also be cheaper than most other countries. Chilean Spanish is not the easiest of introductions.

The lessons are taught very well depending on where you go. Most are done entirely in Spanish with just the basic explanation in English about rules and structure. And because you can leave the lessons and be submerged in the language you will be forced to use and learn it more so. But you have to be willing and they do require you to pay a lot of attention and try to learn. So your dedication plays as much a role in it as does the teacher.

Also you don't have to sort it out before going. You can do that while over there. But it is worth researching and reviewing places for where you intend to do it. If you go to the thorntree forum at lonely planet you will find loads of threads about reviews and recommendations for Spanish schools.

Advertisement