Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticking down threshold strips

Options
  • 28-04-2008 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

I tried fitting timber-effect metal strips to joins in internal doorways recently but some of them didn't stick down well. They have a strong adhesive strip but they only stuck down well if the levels of the 2 floorings (tile/tile in some cases, tile/timber in others) were almost exactly level. I also used 'ramped' strips where the levels were different by more than a few mm but they only stuck well if the floorings differed by about 8mm or so.

Anyway, I would like to find an additional adhesive to use which can stick these strips onto tile and timber. Underside of the strips is metal so I need a good strong adhesive for steel/tile and steel/timber.

The timber-effect does not appear to be very hard-wearing and I expect I may need to replace them after several years. Therefore I would only like to use spots of adhesive to make it easier to remove in the future.

Any recommendations for suitable strong adhesive welcome.

Thanks

Advertisement