Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband using 3.5GHz spectrum

Options
  • 28-04-2008 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was driving through a town in North Fingal yesterday when i noticed that there was a Breeze Max (Alvarion 3.5GHz) antenna attached to the side of the building. I know Ice broadband are in the area but wasn't aware that they were using the 3.5GHz spectrum (licensed). I was aware that they are using the 5.8GHz band with Alvarion Breeze VL equipment but not Breeze Max.

I am very curious to know how anyone using this service is getting on i.e. are they getting decent service? The town was Lusk in north Co. Dublin and I think the high site is located around the Naul area.

Any info greatly welcomed. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

Yeah, have seen these as well in the lusk area, my immediate reaction (for about a tenth of a second) was Irish BB from the airport but that is too far and in the wrong direction, have aslo seen them down as far as Stamullen and even over near Duleek all pointing towards the Naul area, there is one big mast up in that area that can be seen for a good bit in most directions so it must be on that.

Would love to know who the provider is and what the service is like as have friends in the area who are always asking me to try and find them a BB provider, so far without any look, I wonder could it be one of the smaller regional providers like Net1.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

Alvarion are now manufacturing BreezeAccess VL (5.8Ghz and 5.4Ghz) equipment that looks the same as their BreezeMax equipment...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

daffy_duc wrote: »
    Alvarion are now manufacturing BreezeAccess VL (5.8Ghz and 5.4Ghz) equipment that looks the same as their BreezeMax equipment...

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TurnipFish

I don't know if this topic is closed/dead or not.

I use ICE Comms out in Rolestown(between Swords and Ashbourne) and I've had no problems with themor my Alvarion I.D.U. (model unknown). As far as I know, my signal is coming from a mast in Lispopple.

Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement