Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meister Glock 17 Trouble

Options
  • 28-04-2008 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I bought one of these last week and it worked very nicely until yesterday. First the magazine started to leak a lot more than usual while filling it. Then a few minutes later I was no longer able to empty a full mag on a fill.
    Today when I brought it to Tony to have a look at it, the mag was leaking so bad after a fill you could hear it hissing all the gas away.
    Tony was kind enough to replace the mag with a working non-leaking one and tested it with his display model, it worked fine. I left happy that I would be able to use the glock again but when I tested it in my own glock the damn gun wouldn't fire a bb properly at all. The slide is not cycling properly and the BBs just roll out of the barrel. The magazine is warm and I even left it a few mins to settle but to no avail. Has anyone an idea how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Check out my review on the Meister in the review section. Especially the addition about a leaking mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Are you holding the mag upside down when filling?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

I get the impression that the magazines are known to be faulty, but that is no longer my problem since the dodgy one has been replaced.
    My current problem is that the hammer is not striking the gas release button hard enough for the mag to release sufficient gas to fire a BB properly and cycle the slide.
    And yes, of course I'm holding the mag upside down whilst filling it:D.

I get the impression that the magazines are known to be faulty, but that is no longer my problem since the dodgy one has been replaced.
    My current problem is that the hammer is not striking the gas release button hard enough for the mag to release sufficient gas to fire a BB properly and cycle the slide.
    And yes, of course I'm holding the mag upside down whilst filling it:D.

Did you give it a good clean, and a major lash of Silicone on the hammer mech.

iceage wrote: »
    Did you give it a good clean, and a major lash of Silicone on the hammer mech.

ya its clean and has been well oiled. The weird thing is it worked the previous day with the leaky mag, just that it only got off about 5 shots.

• Advertisement

ya its clean and has been well oiled. The weird thing is it worked the previous day with the leaky mag, just that it only got off about 5 shots.

Man that still sounds like a gas issue, Not trying to be funny here, bare with me:D

Mag upside down, how long are filling the mag for in seconds? with the metal slide these babys are guzzzlers. give it a fill, say ten seconds and see. As there is no visable "hammer" strip the slide group and give it a good seeing to with silicone. If its still failing to cycle its all a bit beyond me, have you dropped the piece?

Sounds like its dry internally.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Agreed.

Mine showed the same symptoms when I got it. A full strip and a major dose of silicone spray seemed to have solved the problem.

BTW my magazine also leaked. I emailed the retailer and they will be sending a new magazine in the post :) Lets hope its not another leaky one.....

OK, i've drowned the thing in silicon oil and still no luck. I never dropped it, but it might drop "accidently" later on:D. I filled the mag for 10 seconds also. I think I will just stop buyng crappy clones and stick with TM and KSC. I have never got a clone GBB or AEG that didn't come with problems yet.

OK, i've drowned the thing in silicon oil and still no luck. I never dropped it, but it might drop "accidently" later on:D. I filled the mag for 10 seconds also. I think I will just stop buyng crappy clones and stick with TM and KSC. I have never got a clone GBB or AEG that didn't come with problems yet.

Sorry man, I've thought of all I could to try and help, if I was able to get my paws on it I'm sure I could sort it. :( sometimes after a good spray if its left to penetrate for a time it can help. Best of luck, let us know how you get on.

iceage wrote: »
    Sorry man, I've thought of all I could to try and help, if I was able to get my paws on it I'm sure I could sort it. :( sometimes after a good spray if its left to penetrate for a time it can help. Best of luck, let us know how you get on.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated:). I will have a look at the internals after work tomorrow, and see if there is a spring misplaced. If I fail to fix it, I will let you know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement