Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A transfer rumours & General chat

• 28-04-2008 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭

I thought i would make a thread for all those interested in Italian football and keep an eye on it.

Talk about anything to do with Italian football here. No negative talk about the Italian league as we all know and hear about it from english fans boasting about their league everyday.

I've been a Juve supporter for about 12 years now i started watching them in the champions league about 95/96 season and there was so many greats playing for them. I think del piero is the only one left from that era when Italian football dominated.I always liked Italian football, i find it very exciting to watch. im not a fan of english football at all. and i watch a few other leagues, mainly scottish/spanish/dutch/german. Juve would be similar to what Arsenal used to be, Juve never had much of a financial backing, they always bought players from money they raised through selling players(unlike all top english teams now, full of money) and also they would raise their youths. currently Juve have some amazing youths, Palladino/chiellini/criscito/Nocerino/Giovinco(VERY talented)marchisio and many more.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

The lack of quality coverage has made it difficult to keep up with Italian footie in past few seasons I watch live milan games on bet 365 but I hate putting up with the tiny screen so I dont watch other games Is there anywhere online where I can see weekly highlights so I see other teams apart from milan.
    Goalismo only shows the goals and I cant get C5

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Yeah should combine it with the other thread.

Was away for the weekend so never got to do my weekly thread.

Havent heard any decent rumours in awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

sorry couldn't find that other thread for some reason, i tried searching. combine i guess.

do you think both milan managers will stay on after this season is over?

also who do you think milan or juve will sign? Flamini is linked with both.

Inter won't be signing many i'd say...they have a great squad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Flamini will join A.C. IMO.

I'm not sure about Carleitto to be honest, I mean he's won so much but he has also ****ed us up a lot over the last few years...

I think Murinho will be at inter next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Yep,today is confirmed Flamini agreed about everything with Milan although Wenger asked him to not leave for "few bucks more"

Seaneh wrote: »
    Flamini will join A.C. IMO.

I'm not sure about Carleitto to be honest, I mean he's won so much but he has also ****ed us up a lot over the last few years...

I think Murinho will be at inter next season.

i was so happy when the Inter coach quit all of a sudden but then he came back next day :( i hate Inter so baaad. i think Juve and Milan have a decent relathionship as they both hate Inter and also they are both have won everything. Milan even gave us their sub keeper on loan back in 06. Abbiati is his name. i wish we would get him as our sub keeper.

Yep,today is confirmed Flamini agreed about everything with Milan although Wenger asked him to not leave for "few bucks more"

why do you pay so much attention to italian football rumours etc if you hate italian football and rather watch 5-6 leagues before you would watch it.

As i already said 2-3 times already,i dont watch it a lot,but i am watching all results and infos for most of the leagues including italian,i am interested in sports news,now get it?

Inter offered exchange,Ibrahimovic for van Nistelrooy and contacted Chelsea about Drogba transfer in Inter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Juve need to start flashing a bit of cash as, despite their evergreen form there's not much backup for Nedved and Del Piero (love the comment about them being paupers :D) from what I can tell from the scant coverage I get to watch. I'd love to see them bring through a new genius rather than buy some well-established star though somewhat ironically they're now back in a position to do the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'd love to see us get Ibra instead of Drogba. Much better player IMO. He must want out.

Rooney, in fairness to Juve, Palladino will probably be given a chance to replace either Nedved or Del Piero depending on what position they see him in long term and Trezeguet and Iaquinta would make a good forward pairing but if Ibrahimovic is looking to leave Inter (and it looks like he is if what Deija says is true,he is worth more than Van N so a trade would make little sense) a move to Juve could be on the cards. Juve are his favourite team and in the Italian newspapers last year Tuttosport and the Corriere were convinced Ranieri was goint to use 3 strikers in the one team so they could fit Trez and Del boy in if they got him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may1e.html

Adriano's agent has met with Milan officials. I think he could be an awesome signing if they can fix his head.

Roma showing interests for our striker Nikola Zigic,Schevchenko said he wants back to Milan....

Flamini in Milan,4 years contract,Berlusconi resigned from place of predisent of Milan,as always when he is in goverment,so he will be back soon as he loose goverment again.
    Ronaldinho made a party last night and he said its coz he is leaving this summer and everyone saying he said he definitly going to Milan,on the other hand Berlusconi said they gave up of trying to get him to play for Milan,so someone is lying here:D
    Hleb confirmed he will probably go to Inter and Fabregas is one of targets of Real Madrid.Arsenal could get in big problems next season if they sell all main players this summer

Amauri may now end up at Milan, with Gilardino going to Juventus

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=46&a=80513

It seems Milan kinda will refresh this pensioner team,maybe i will even less dont like them after it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Heard Gattuso could be joining Bayern Munich

Yeah heard that too yesterday,he said he wants to leave Milan at all?
    i know Maldini said he wants to go in Newcastle for one season but i think it would be smarter he just finish career as Milan legend and not to make experiments.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Thought i read something saying Gattuso wanted to play in England before he calls it a day, with United being his preferred choice, but having turned them down in the past i cant see it happening tbh, Hargreaves was bought instead

• Advertisement

I dont like him and his style "i am gonna kill you all" but i must admit he is really good fighter and he is someone to wish in your team,i dont get why Milan would sell him.Definitly i would like to have player like that in the team

zacardo signs for wolfsburg.
    hleb maybe goes to inter.

Its confirmed Gattuso will sign 4 years contract with Bayern,salary 6 millions and Milan will get 15-20 millions euros.that amount could be lower if bayern agree to give Milan Willy Sagnol in return.
    I still dont get why Milan decided to sell Gattuso,he was still one of best players in this team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well there have been rumours around milanello that they were going to refresh the team. Gattuso while a great player and an immense fighter in the middle of the park had run his course with the side. His displays in the latter part of the season have been of someone with his head somewhere else. All through his career with Milan he has constantly said where he would like to play. Eventually Carlo got fed up and decided time was up.

A good call in my opinion. What this will also do is shake the rest up and let them know that they are completely disposable.

I would have thought that this was Gattuso's decision, not Milan's. Can't for the world see why they'd want to break up the Pirlo Gattuso connection. I think he may have just realised that Bayern's team has a better chanc eof winning, let alone being in the CL next year

Its confirmed Gattuso will sign 4 years contract with Bayern,salary 6 millions and Milan will get 15-20 millions euros.that amount could be lower if bayern agree to give Milan Willy Sagnol in return.
    I still dont get why Milan decided to sell Gattuso,he was still one of best players in this team

Where did you find this? I can see personal terms agreed by Gattuso (Goal.com - hardly the most reliable source), but no agreement from Milan to sell him.......

Serbian sports pages:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Flamini to Milan is a done deal. I think he'll improve Milan at the expense of Gattuso who has been poor from what I've seen of him.

Hleb looks set to buy out his contract in order to secure a move to Inter.

It seems Milan is very serious in this transfer season.New info is that they made deal with Chelsea and Drogba so he will move in Milan this summer and agent of Peter Cech confirmed he have offer of 40 millions for Peter (rumours its Milan again) and again are getting active rumours that Murinho will come on bench of this italian team

• Advertisement

Milan sent offer of 20mil for Eto'o,Barca looking for 40mil,thats going to be hard to get from any club....

Catalan papers say Ronaldinho sold to Milan for 25m

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=21&a=81452

Also, Cafu and Serginho have apparently announced their departure from Milan on the club channel.

Italian papers saying that Barce are offering milan Ronaldinho, Deco, Zambrotta and €20million for Kaka...

Not a haooy bunny if Milan accept.

Since it's looking like AC are out of Europe I would have thought the deal was off. At least they're getting rid of the older elements of their defence

Edit: Jesus christ. Have no idea what a haooy bunny is but Milan have to accept that

Eh, Milan are still Milan, remember that.

There is no way in hell Kaka is worth that much... Absolutely ridiculous... Ronaldinho and 20 million is pushing it ffs....

• Advertisement

Italian papers saying that Barce are offering milan Ronaldinho, Deco, Zambrotta and €20million for Kaka...quote]

Than Barca is definitly crazy......

Italian papers saying that Barce are offering milan Ronaldinho, Deco, Zambrotta and €20million for Kaka...

Not a haooy bunny if Milan accept.
    Swap deals with one player are rare enough, swap deals with three players simply never happen! So I wouldn't worry too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

The lack of quality coverage has made it difficult to keep up with Italian footie in past few seasons I watch live milan games on bet 365 but I hate putting up with the tiny screen so I dont watch other games Is there anywhere online where I can see weekly highlights so I see other teams apart from milan.
    Goalismo only shows the goals and I cant get C5

Just found this. Too late for this season but next year maybe.

We get three games every weekend on TV, but rarely do we get Udinese.

http://www.seriea.tv/pubb_EN/index.php

bet365 were streaming games all season...

eZe^ wrote: »
    There is no way in hell Kaka is worth that much... Absolutely ridiculous... Ronaldinho and 20 million is pushing it ffs....

He's worth five times that to Milan, he's the heartbeat of the team.

• Advertisement

Yoann Gourcuff is set to leave Milan. I could see Wenger making a player out of him. Supposed to be an Arsenal fan too, think he's exactly the sort of player who could replace Hleb.

He'll go out on loan to a french team IMHO, Milan really rate him.

He's worth five times that to Milan, he's the heartbeat of the team.

Yes, ok, maybe as a symbol of the club, but if you look at this for a second from a pure financially stand point, with Milan initally offering about 15 million for Ronaldinho, and wanting about 80 for Kaka... Even as a biased Milan fan, was Kaka ever worth 65 million euro more than Ronnie... Even in his lacklustre form, he'll score you around as many goals and assists as Kaka...

If Christiano Ronaldo is worth 100million Kaka is worth atleast 300million IMHO.

Look two years ago Milans fans were robbed of an icon, the person who was the fans hero, the soul of the team, and IMHO all rossonero are still pissed about it, if it happens again, they won't be happy.

If Christiano Ronaldo is worth 100million Kaka is worth atleast 300million IMHO.

Definitly cant agree

Look two years ago Milans fans were robbed of an icon, the person who was the fans hero, the soul of the team, and IMHO all rossonero are still pissed about it, if it happens again, they won't be happy.

That's ridiculous. Apart from driving Milan to the Champions League last year I don't think he's done that much good for the team as a whole. I used to feel the same way about Zizou when he was at Juve. Everything had to go through him and in some games he was just useless. When Kaka is good, he's one of the best but he has anonymous games too

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Looks like a good match in Genoa - two penalties, a sending off, five goals and half an hour to play...

Del Piero on 21 for the season taken off.

Montella - fabulous goal for 3-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,043 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Want to watch the Roma match tomorrow, is it on telly or are there any sites that stream Italian matches?

• Advertisement
Advertisement