Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decking Help.

Options
  • 28-04-2008 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭

:confused:
    Would someone tell me the best way to clean(green slimey stuff)and stain decking?
    What are the best products to use also?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I use a Karcher power washer and cleaning fluid. Allow it to dry and the a couple of coats of Ronseal decking oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Is it decking oil and then stain or is the oil a stain also,Im a complete green horn!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Hi Holly1

Just doing in at the mo...

I have just today put down cleaning fluid for Decking and patios. You basically mix it in water and I just brushed it on the decking. This will clean the green stuff off in a couple of days (depending on how bad it is)

Then I have the Ronseal decking oil (which is also a stain) I went for natural pine but there are a few colours, I also bought the ronseal applicator to save me poor back as I have a lot of decking. Its basically a sponge on a long pole. Anyhow Woodies sells the lot I would suspect that Homebase does the same.

Sorry forgot to add that you need at least 6 hrs of sunshine for the Decking oil so dont pick a rainy day !

Garyh3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Very helpfull Garyh3,I think I will be waiting for a dry day and thats why I dident get it done last year(rember).You make it sound so easy and its a fairly big deck also.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

I wish it was easy ...

I plan to spend all day doing the Decking oil (and trying to keep the dogs and kids off is going to be a nighmare!)

Good luck

Garyh3

• Advertisement
Advertisement