Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DMark Vantage scores

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

bit of a thread already in graphics forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055283567

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah but 3Dmark isn't just a graphics benchmark, it is a whole system benchmark so discussion about it should be in tweaking and modding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Actually if you wanted to get technical, it's not really tweaking and modding either as running it and scoring well aren't dependent on either. Computers & Technology? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Actually if you wanted to get technical, it's not really tweaking and modding either as running it and scoring well aren't dependent on either. Computers & Technology? :D

If you want to get really technical, your wrong. As to get the best scores it means you need to tweak your system.

Personally, im not gonna bother running it untill i get a new pc which can handle it well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Anti wrote: »
    If you want to get really technical, your wrong. As to get the best scores it means you need to tweak your system.

Personally, im not gonna bother running it untill i get a new pc which can handle it well.

you regretting selling that monster rig yet? :p

• Advertisement

not really that impressed with it tbh. I mean when I ran 06 I thought "now this is what games of the future will look like". The graphics in this benchmark look like games from 4 years ago. I think they paid no attention to texturing and just ramped up the AA, AF, HDR, Bloom and sheer number of items on the screen as high as possible. I can understand now why having a ageia physx card gives you over 1000 more points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I can't run it as I don't have Vista, but I did think the screen shots looked extremely nice... the ones of the spaceships?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

you regretting selling that monster rig yet? :p

Hehe no. Its the first time in a while ive been able to look at my pc and not feel guilty. But i cant decide, another monster rig... or soemthing small like the new x38 shuttle and a half decent card... Ohh the decissions :pac:

got my score up to P10143 by adding a second GTX. My CPU and RAM is currently at stock again so once they are back overclocked I should be able to hit 12000+ hopefully

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=76138

Advertisement