Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

antique tea set?????

• 28-04-2008 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have a tea set that I think is Japanese and the cups have a geisha girl imprint baked into the bottom which you can only see when held up to a light. There is a gold crown on the bottom of each piece but no writing. The outside of the pieces are decorated in gold with an iridescent gold glaze and the look like mother-of pearl. The scenes on the outside of the pieces are decorated with scenes of Japanese landscapes, There are 6 saucers and cups and a tea pot and creamer and i think a sugar bowl. Does anyone have any info on this set and what they might be worth,they arein A1 condition. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cma1

any help would be appreciated,thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

Hi CMA1 ,
    You're right , it is Japanese !
    The tea-set is probably Nortike-ware , or a variation of the late Kutani-wares that had flooded the market in the early 20th century.

So it dates back to 1910 - 1930 or there abouts.
    A pleasing item , though very much mass-produced....

Its just a little bit too modern to be in the home of a serious collector.

Its value is in or around the 100 euro mark imo.

Advertisement