Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV-Who's got it?!

• 28-04-2008 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Right half an hour to go,bit early yet,but thought it'd be interesting to see how many peoeple on boards have the game!

Post if you have it and throw on your Online ID as well...maybe get a quick boards multi-player going:cool:

Just leaving my house now to get mine!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Ahh I'll have mine at 9am tomorrow. Have fun lads who ever gets now. Now off to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Have a preorder for a 2nd batch with gamestop but going to chance my arm and have a look in Clare Hall now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Have to wait until lunch tomorrow to pick it up. Well peeved that there was so much uncertainty about midnight opening for some stores.

I'm pre-booked at Smyths and they're not even opening until 10 bells tomorrow. Bye bye chance of getting thre before work. Slap dash at lunch time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I live less than a minute away from Xtra-Vision in Ongar and am heading around to get mine right now. :) brbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Hopefully pick my up in tescos tonight, gonna leg it on my lunch break at 2am. Should have a picture of it up if all goes well, yay :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

installing mine on my ps3 now so do i win!!! bye bye to reality for the next 5 hours, 3 hours sleep shud get me thru the day in work 2moro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Got mine!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Noticed people getting it on the 360 were getting 500 Live points with it:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

installing mine on my ps3 now so do i win!!! bye bye to reality for the next 5 hours, 3 hours sleep shud get me thru the day in work 2moro

Pics or it didnt happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

half way through installing it, got it at bout 5 past 12 in hmv grafton st,queued for about 1hr 20 mins. just in the door now, cant wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Just got mine installing on now, so off to grab a bowl of cereal to see me through the next couple of hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Lucifer wrote: »
    half way through installing it, got it at bout 5 past 12 in hmv grafton st,queued for about 1hr 20 mins. just in the door now, cant wait :)

Jeeez, are there big queues tonight for the 12am unveiling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Madness up in Clare Hall, mustve been 70-80 people queueing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I have it.

ro_chez wrote: »
    I only had 4 people in front of me,and the only reason that was cause two were trading in games and one was picking up a 360! No real big queue at all!

3/4 way's there:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

How many people got it?

Cos the Tesco-bot in Artane said that they got Clarehalls copies. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I got it :D in tesco mahon point cork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

ro_chez wrote: »

no queues at tesco mahon point in cork, I just walked in at 12:05 and walked out 5 mins later.

• Just home now took me 45 mins to get it [snipped], im so shocked. The que was outside the door. Mostly adults but there was a few silly parents there with children. whats wrong with these parents

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Loaded,going through opening credits,graphics are unreal! Some class music on the stations taking a glance at the guide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

kmart6 wrote: »
    Got mine!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Noticed people getting it on the 360 were getting 500 Live points with it:(
    Lucifer wrote: »
    NotorietyH wrote: »
    Just got mine installing on now, so off to grab a bowl of cereal to see me through the next couple of hours.
    ShaneU wrote: »
    I have it.
    DrMorphine wrote: »

On behalf of myself, and everybody else who has to wait until tomorrow, I would just like to say that we all hate each and every one of you :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

C'mon dish the dirt, what were the stock levels like? How much were they charging for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Anyone try tesco tallaght? 24 hours and would be interesting to see the scobes fighting over remaining copies if dont get one yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

Picked mine up at the HMV Grafton Street launch. Was toward the middle of the queue, got in at around twenty past. Seemed to have a ton more in there.

Was a good laugh, a lot of drunken people and gardaí on bikes were hypnotised by the scene.

Now, to play this game for the next 57 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Plasmoid

Not me and a few others.

The Tesco manager in Maynooth was turning away people and spouting some spurious yet inspired nonsense about a goverment sales embargo and potential imprisonment for himself. Then he insulted me for challenging him by deriding gamers everywhere...

Yeah...

So when i came back later and he had cooled down/sobered up a bit he showed me a letter from Tesco HQ that said something along the lines of : "With regards to the previous notice of 11:30am copies of GTA IV are not to be sold until after the embargo of 2:01am. Checkout systems will be monitored and any breaches of this embargo will be dealt with."

Typo... mad manager on a power trip... maybe even actual Tesco HQ policy i don't know. I got the last bus out of there GTA'less and will go elsewhere tomorrow.

When confronted by me and a half dozen other who had phoned and headed their specifically i think he actually got more confrontational and less apologetic... very odd customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

In tesco cork mahon point. apparently they had bout 60 something copies dno if it was ps3 and xbox or combined. Also apparently price was dropping at 2am!! they queue only had bout 20 people and was gone about 2 mins after 12!

Plasmoid wrote: »
    Not me and a few others.

The Tesco manager in Maynooth was turning away people and spouting some spurious yet inspired nonsense about a goverment sales embargo and potential imprisonment for himself. Then he insulted me for challenging him by deriding gamers everywhere...

Yeah...

So when i came back later and he had cooled down/sobered up a bit he showed me a letter from Tesco HQ that said something along the lines of : "With regards to the previous notice of 11:30am copies of GTA IV are not to be sold until after the embargo of 2:01am. Checkout systems will be monitored and any breaches of this embargo will be dealt with."

Typo... mad manager on a power trip... maybe even actual Tesco HQ policy i don't know. I got the last bus out of there GTA'less and will go elsewhere tomorrow.

Sure there flogging them in Tescos Cork???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

heh, so much hype, hope its not gonna be a big disapointment, getting mine at 10am tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Limerick: Tesco Connagh road roundabout. Just got back. Still some left...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Big queue at Liffey Valley.

Home now, with game :). €65

• Advertisement

I hate you all :( me wants to be wrapped up beside my PS3 now with GTA, and a few gallons of Pepsi Max to keep me going, and loads of nachos :)

Advertisement