Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV-Who's got it?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

€59.99 for me in Xtra-Vision...with a free can of Burn,lol!

Having the same prob as with Assassains Creed though now,can't hear the voices during cut scenes only the music,but can hear it during normal game play:(

Anyone care to help?! I'm using a HDMI cable,and the settings are right for it AFAIK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

What audio options does the game have? Are you just running the TV speakers via the HDMI cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

oh my good god my xbox just gave me the red rings

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If the game is set to surround sound or 5.1 then the voices will go down the 'center' channel, your tv may not play this through the stereo speakers, try setting the sound to stereo in game, or your TVs audio menu may have options for surround or the center channel

stevenmu wrote: »
    If the game is set to surround sound or 5.1 then the voices will go down the 'center' channel, your tv may not play this through the stereo speakers, try setting the sound to stereo in game, or your TVs audio menu may have options for surround or the center channel

Was thinking along those lines too. Center channel missing if set to 5.1 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Just back from Clarehall to pick up my pre-order in Gamestop. The Ques were unreal, alot of people had the same idea. Not too sure on stock levels, but I heard them ask repeatedly to the que, 'do you have your deposits'. People who said no we're told there was no chance of getting a copy because they only had enough for pre-orders.

Had a wander into Tescos for some monch, and there was no sign of copies there, don't think they are selling them till the morning by the looks of things.

Anyways, the install is nearly ready. See y'all in LC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I was thinking of picking mine up at the weekend. Maybe even afterwards.

Self-control? Patience?

Yeah right.

Too much ****ing work to do.

Bastards with yer copies now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

gerk86 wrote: »

Where are you? I'll either buy GTA off you for €80 or sell you my 360 for €300.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Woohoo just arrived home with my copy of GTA! I went to Tesco in Tallaght but they didn't have any so i decided to join a rather large queue in Game in The Square. I waited for about 40 mins but when I got to the counter I was asked for my Game card and then told that they were only open for pre-orders...

I must have looked pretty degected because the guy behind the counter took pity on me and said it was cool! he even gave me 500 Xbox Live points. So big thank you to that dude from Game in Tallaght if he ever reads this!!

Now to play.... :D:D:D:D:D

Oh dear god. Sorry to hear that. Last thing you need right now. Slightly worried over this game then any other game I've bought for causing the dreaded RROD.

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote: »
    I think I might just love you,lol!

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Where are you? I'll either buy GTA off you for €80 or sell you my 360 for €300.

Kick a man whiles he's down you'd ya??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Lucifer how were you posting here if you were in the queue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Bring the game over to my place and we can play it on mine :D

Sorry to hear about your machine though man, totally sh!t luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Kick a man whiles he's down you'd ya??

This is a GTA forum man. Also I just realised I didn't have this guy in my post :rolleyes:

Bad luck gerk86, mine is only back from Microsoft about 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

what you guys thinking about it?

Amazing...ive had it all day, got it at about 11 on Monday morning so have been on it all day long, just a little rest from it now to have some food before going back on it after :)

bigkev49 wrote: »
    This is a GTA forum man.

Sorry,kick...punch.....shoot.:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

just played through the start **** i'm amazed thus far

Hendo9 wrote: »
    what you guys thinking about it?

Amazing...ive had it all day, got it at about 11 on Monday morning so have been on it all day long, just a little rest from it now to have some food before going back on it after :)
    Graphics seem good,game plays good,handling on the cars is going to take a lot of getting used to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Just got mine in Dundrum. Was queing with a few other lads in Tesco waiting for the 2am debacle, when we all headed over to Game and they were sellin loads off the shelf, great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Just finished up for the night playin it. 6 hours on single player and an hour online. My eyes are square now:D Need to sleep to have energy for tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Just got mine in Dundrum. Was queing with a few other lads in Tesco waiting for the 2am debacle, when we all headed over to Game and they were sellin loads off the shelf, great!

I was waiting in tesco too. Which lad were you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

So whats the multiplayer like? In other words, are there cars and peds moving around the city like GTA1?

or is it a big empty city like the GTA online mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

JM MARCONI wrote: »
    I was waiting in tesco too. Which lad were you?

I'd imagine he was the lad buying GTA...

Could be wrong tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    So whats the multiplayer like? In other words, are there cars and peds moving around the city like GTA1?

or is it a big empty city like the GTA online mods

The host can control the amount of peds and traffic, Low-High. Good craic online, city is HUGE. It will be better tomorrow evening when more people i know have it.

Spent most of the time flying around in a chopper dropping grenades on the city below :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Achilles wrote: »
    I'd imagine he was the lad buying GTA...

Could be wrong tho...

Very funny. There was only about 10 ppl waiting and we were all having a chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Hell yeah, just got it on my lunchbreak in Tescos Maynooth, a lot of sleepy heads strolling in to pick up a copy.

Only 19 PS3 copies and 23 suXBox copies ;)

Crap, have to finish work and play when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I was blue top with the hat. Have ya played it yet? I've found it pretty hard to see at times, lots of shadowy places. Cars are tough to handle. Living up to the hype, not as revolutionary as I would have thought which isn't necessarily bad, it definitely feels like a GTA game from the get go.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I've found it pretty hard to see at times, lots of shadowy places

Same here,very hard to see at night driving around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

my 360 sounds like it's going to get the 3 red lights soon too, the disc drive is whirring like mad.

Advertisement