Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV-Who's got it?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

ShaneU wrote: »
    my 360 sounds like it's going to get the 3 red lights soon too, the disc drive is whirring like mad.
    Couldn't be a worse time for that,lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

get a towel fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Right so i've just played close to 2 hours of it!!! Got it in Tesco Limerick (bout 20-25 heads there waiting). Plenty to go around though.

The game is great fun. The new physics engine makes a BIG difference. I've had some very dramatic crashes already. The hand to hand combat is very satisfying :)

I feel as if i've been playin it for 20 mins, not 2 hours. Gonna jump into the bed and read some of the manual, set the alarm for about 9 and away we go again baby!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Got mine in Tesco in Dundalk at midnight last night. Played as long as having to get up at 7am allowed me. Damn Work.

But yes, even after an hour I'm impressed.

Fav bit so far: Head first through the windscreen during my first head-on collision.

EDIT - Yep, 59.95 in Tesco Dundalk

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Got it in Tesco at Coonagh Cross in limerick this morning. Scanned at self serve, 59.95. -GTA IV X360/PS3 promo of 20.

That's right. No preorder and I got it for 39.95

They had loads of PS3 and Xbox ones available this morning. At least twenty of each on the shelf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Got it at 12am in HMW Grafton street, it's now 8:20 in the morning and im still playing.

Elem wrote: »
    Got it at 12am in HMW Grafton street, it's now 8:20 in the morning and im still playing.
    Man I wish - work got in the way. I almost rather they released it friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Got mine this morning in the post from gamesnash at 07.50. What the hell am I doing posting this???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

F-Stop wrote: »
    Got mine this morning in the post from gamesnash at 07.50. What the hell am I doing posting this???
    Gloating? :pac:

One thing I must look at changing is swapping the cinematic button for the hand-brake button (B for RB) - just too awkward to accelerate and hand-brake at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

YAY! just picked up the game on the way to work! Roll on 5pm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I was blue top with the hat. Have ya played it yet? I've found it pretty hard to see at times, lots of shadowy places.]
    I hd the same prob, i Just turned up the birghtness and contrast in the options menu, it's fine now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

One thing I must look at changing is swapping the cinematic button for the hand-brake button (B for RB) - just too awkward to accelerate and hand-brake at the same time.

Just use x or whatever the xbox equivalent is

I got it last night and im pretty fuming that i payed €20 more than MarkR did, presumably in the same Tesco (coonagh or something), On the same day. And there is a very good chance he works in the same place as me...dont know why that makes things any better or worse but it just does!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

just got it there!! its awesome ragdoll physics are amazing!! now to spend to the whole day playing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

C'mon An Post don't fail me now :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

GTAIV GET!!

now to hook up the 42" and enjoy the rest of the week off work...aaaaaaahhh.. *opens beer*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

All of you are lucky bastards (except that poor dude who got the RROD)! I've to wait until I get paid in a few days.

Do all the Xbox 360 copies come with 500 points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Bah i just came back from gamestop loads of copys on the shelf but EVERY SINGLE COPY IS PRE ORDERED !!! :mad: and i was the only one in the shop to bah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

danbhala wrote: »
    YAY! just picked up the game on the way to work! Roll on 5pm!

stop it dan , stop it , i cant take it anymore!! where is mine!!!! stupid postman

I paid 59.95 last night and tried to get one for my mate but they wouldn't give it. He went in this morning and paid 40.

Sicken me. Blessing in disguise for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Girlfriend got me a copy there in Tesco in Sligo.. good few left.

5.30 seems age away. Might go home with a "stomach bug"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Just picked up from GameStop in Limerick, eating my breakfast now and then playing for a few hours. And they dont have any copies for general sale, only pre-orders, they have signs up all over the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

yay postman just dropped of my gamesnash order , :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

ZygOte wrote: »

nice one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

boss just rang in sick, very suspicious!!!!

there goes any chance of me going home early now though. hours just seemed to fly by last night, def going to pay for the lack of sleep later in the day. hopefully no clients arrive in annoying me or ill have to re-enact some niko style beatings.

only gripe with it so far is the light levels at night on standard display settings (easily fixed) and cars being slightly difficult to control around bends (which should improve with more play and prob some ingame improved driving skill level). (yawn)

last night i wasnt too impressed with the general graphics or close ups for the characters but i sat down for a few more levels during breakfast this morning and as i watched the world continue on around niko, it is pretty cool, lighting, shadows etc etc.
    the cars look amazing, a lot more recognisable european models in this edition. (my eyes are burning right now)

safe to say i wont be using the sixaxis control, very tiring on the hands and you have to concentrate more on staying straight than actually watching the world.

like the new cover system, simple, yet effective.

im boring myself to sleep now so i best do some work, enjoy anybody who has a copy and anyone not playing til later, you wont be disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

ZygOte wrote: »

Same here, just in from work and it was delivered an all. Happy days. All day now to play it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

any one who ordered standard post from gamesnash recieve theirs yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Still waiting on my express post delivery from them. Tracking says on route to customer from my local sorting office.
    Post man better get the finger out.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

My order from gamesnash has been delivered at 9:30 this morning. I am in Dublin 11, their depot is in D.15 so not that far for it to travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

loads in harvey norman blanch...
    got special ed for 90e.keyring,artbook,bag,steel safe,cd and one month live code..!!

Advertisement