Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

May Bank Holiday Weekend Events

• 29-04-2008 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

F**k me there's loads on this May Bank Holiday weekend, for once we really are spoilt for choice,so where is everyone going then? here is my proposed itinerary :D

Friday -Either CJ Bolland in McGruders or Mani DJ set @ Academy

Saturday - www.sibinfestival.com cant wait for this...

and a "private" party that nite which all being well should be amazing;);)

Sunday - Depending on my state:eek::D it'll be a difficult choice between......

Cassius @ POD

Sven Vath @ Tripod

System Old Skool Reunion @ Vaults

Jaysus ill be broke and will take me a week to recover after all this, not done a full weekender since Ibiza last September.:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

sian at spy on friday.
    gui boratto at spy on sunday.
    don't know where to go on saturday.

would have liked to see sven vath at tripod on sunday too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Spy Dublin

hacker / ame / sian on friday at spy
    saturday doing zero
    sunday spy first for gui boratto, then ricardo and loco dice in the tivoli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Spy Dublin wrote: »
    hacker / ame / sian on friday at spy
    saturday doing zero
    sunday spy first for gui boratto, then ricardo and loco dice in the tivoli.

What time is Gui on? I might do the same thing if there will be time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Be at a private party myself saturday night, then its Sven Vath sunday night. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Slunk wrote: »
    Be at a private party myself saturday night, then its Sven Vath sunday night. :D
    ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

all about the sibin festival! anxiously waiting for confirmation as to whether or not i'm actually playing at it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Coming out of retirement myself to attend the private party:):cool:then on sunday its back to reality! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hayden*

Gods Kitchen Wahey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Luke Slater is playing 6pm on Sunday in McGruders :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Spy Dublin

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    What time is Gui on? I might do the same thing if there will be time.

Gui is on at midnight.

• Advertisement

all about the sibin festival! anxiously waiting for confirmation as to whether or not i'm actually playing at it...

Indeed im looking forward to it, some Junglist pressure:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭welcomeinjam

Spy Dublin wrote: »
    Gui is on at midnight.

Any idea what time MSTRKRFT are on at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

gonna go for luke slater in mc gruders sunday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Cj Bolland on the Friday and then on Sunday its Sven Vath in the Tripod :D
    Going to be a great weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

MSTRKRFT on Sunday!!

Maybe a bit of Gui too if I can catch him while MSTRKRFT aren't on.

Man with the amount of dj's on here on Sunday nite this is the only place to be in the whole of Europe as regards dance music.

BUT it's all about Saturday nite and this private party all being well should be up there with the very of best of them, cant wait, gonna be a bleedin messy one and im on a quiet one for a long time afterwards, the old brain/body's not able for it anymore at my age :o:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭early.house

Friday .Traffic with skinny & john nolan
    Saturday Garden of eden @ 10 am for an Earlyhouse bop to finish off Fridays session with Keno flanagan
    Takin it handy sat nite me-thinks
    Bleu.note Sunday mornin with The Banana boyz
    followd by Nigel h in Popcorn Sunday nite
    back to the Garden of Eden Monday mornin with Jay smith & al byrne
    then onto Popcorn weekender Bender @ the Cavern all Bhol.Monday from 6pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

red dave wrote: »
    Luke Slater is playing 6pm on Sunday in McGruders :pac::pac::pac:

I don't think he's playing THAT early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm making my long awaited trip to Dublin (to my great mate the host) on Sunday for Radio Soulwax and who knows where we end up after that. cannot wait indeed:)

Giles wrote: »
    I don't think he's playing THAT early!

True i suppose he, himself probably isn't playing at that time, however the gig itself is kicking off at 6pm. i'll attach the flier

the main gig for me this weekend will be the Sibin all day festival on saturday i'd say it will be class i'll buzz to mcgruders on the sunday if i can for sure.

crazy that there's so many gigs on this weekend. it hasn't been like this in years? or has it and i've just been asleep :confused:

• Advertisement

Who can ever forget :p:pac::pac::D:D:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz0qT6GULis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Griff77

This weekend is going to hurt... It's the opening of that new Andrews Lane night on sat with Arveene Deadbots etc... Then soulwax followed by Gui Boratto on the sunday :D

Good Times

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭emmie-lou

jonny68 wrote: »
    F**k me there's loads on this May Bank Holiday weekend, for once we really are spoilt for choice,so where is everyone going then? here is my proposed itinerary :D

Friday -Either CJ Bolland in McGruders or Mani DJ set @ Academy

Saturday - www.sibinfestival.com cant wait for this...

and a "private" party that nite which all being well should be amazing;);)

Sunday - Depending on my state:eek::D it'll be a difficult choice between......

Cassius @ POD

Sven Vath @ Tripod

System Old Skool Reunion @ Vaults

Jaysus ill be broke and will take me a week to recover after all this, not done a full weekender since Ibiza last September.:pac:

any more info for the vaults on sunday night? even a website with details on it anyone??

emmie-lou wrote: »
    any more info for the vaults on sunday nights? even a website with details on it anyone??

there's a new page on facebook that's about it as far as i know.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

:D:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBeMo4uOnbI&feature=related

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

:D:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBeMo4uOnbI&feature=related

love that clip!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Gods kitchen down in kerry. decent line up! trance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

yeah, i'm looking forward to sibin on saturday.

Benga should rock !

what time does it start and go on til ?

johhny - pls pm me about the party sat night

was thinking soulwax on sunday but gui boratto, rocardo villalobos, sven vath - i cant make up me mind (+ will have to see what the head is like after sibin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

dirty south tonight,soulwax sunday, then leg across the hapenny bridge to dr lektroluv in the academy.best weekend in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Tonight : GTA 4

Tomorrow : Sibin Festival and afters

Sunday : Vath

Monday : Die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

jimmychin wrote: »
    yeah, i'm looking forward to sibin on saturday.

Benga should rock !

what time does it start and go on til ?

johhny - pls pm me about the party sat night

was thinking soulwax on sunday but gui boratto, rocardo villalobos, sven vath - i cant make up me mind (+ will have to see what the head is like after sibin)

sibin starts at 4pm and goes on till 5am!

:D

i'll be there with a camera crew interviewing all the headliners so watch this space in a few weeks when they all get put up :D

sibin starts at 4pm and goes on till 5am!

:D

i'll be there with a camera crew interviewing all the headliners so watch this space in a few weeks when they all get put up :D

5am seriously :eek::eek: dammit i have to leggit back to town but in fairnness wher eim going will eclipse everything on this weekend ;) don't forget to get our ugly mugs on camera mate :-)

Didnt get to go out on Friday after all.

Sibin Festival was very good, no more than a thousand there id say but a good vibe, one big marquee and 2 smaller ones, the main one appeared to have reggae bands on when i was there, the other 2 smaller ones were playing Drum & Bass and Electro,Techno and breaks and some dubstep which is dreadful i may add.

Met some people i haven't met in years and also bumped into Naked Lepper who posts on here, this festival will id imagine get bigger if it's on next year but it was badly organised as regards transport, it's about 6 miles from Balbriggan and we couldn't see any shuttle buses so had to get a taxi for €14, we also had to get a taxi back to town afterwards about 10, pity now we didn't stay longer seen as the asylum nite was canceled but we had no other way of getitng back to town.

videos to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

All i can say is MSTRKRFT - wow!

First of all, they played an absolutely amazing set. Then out of nowhere, Soulwax/2ManyDJ's came into Spy and 2ManyDJ's played a set after MSTRKRFT! I couldn't believe it, so unexpected and so f*cking good.

Got to talk to JFK of MSTRKRFT outside for a good 20 mins, really nice guy. Also met AL-P and got high-fives of the Dewaele brothers :D.

What a night!

Have a few pics attached:

Gui Boratto was fantastic.:D

• Advertisement

Gui Boratto was fantastic.:D

yeah one of the most enjoyable gigs i've ever been to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Cassius were supreme.

Ended up going to the System old skool reunion on the Sunday which was good although not as many there as exacted due to so many other nites on but good nite with quality music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

sibin was ****in class
    loved the dnb, reggae and dub step
    didnt ventre into the electro tent too much but from what i heard it was faìrly rockin
    good wafflin to everyone i bumped into, seen a few old faces around there alright too.
    paid 60 euro for a taxi from blanch to the venue tho, aghhh!

jtsuited wrote: »
    yeah one of the most enjoyable gigs i've ever been to.

Any idea who played before him. Seemed to be a mate of his. He was very good also.

• Advertisement

sibin was ****in class
    loved the dnb, reggae and dub step
    didnt ventre into the electro tent too much but from what i heard it was faìrly rockin
    good wafflin to everyone i bumped into, seen a few old faces around there alright too.
    paid 60 euro for a taxi from blanch to the venue tho, aghhh!

Nice to meet you there man, what time did you stay till?

we left about 10.30pm to go to the Asylum nite but then we heard it was cancelled :( so we went to Acii Disco in Traffic instead which was alright they were playing Tech House but i wouldn't be too excited about that.

€60 is madness, a taxi took us to town for €30, got us there in about 25 mins too.

Catch you again sometime.:)

Any idea who played before him. Seemed to be a mate of his. He was very good also.

i've been trying to find out. he was really really really good. got the whole place proper ready for gui.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

Any feedback on Villa and Don Dice Corleone? could not go, gutted!

Any feedback on Villa and Don Dice Corleone? could not go, gutted!

Apparently Dice had to cancel due to "problems on the promoter end". Havent heard anything else though. Im sure Ricardo gave the crowd there moneys worth anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

Luke Slaters set in mcgurders was great,played some outstanding tracks and ended with all exhale which was class

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Villalobos was was one of the best gigs I have been to in ages. The atmosphere was amazing, Ive never seen the Tivoli like it.

He played for around 4 hours and then had to be litterly dragged off the stage by the bouncer.

I think the weather played a big part in everyones weekend. All the reviews of the gigs this weekend have been good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

Sat: McGruders , **** faggy electrohouse but good atmosphere as always.
    Sun: Surgeon, musical highlight of the weekend in a disgusting little club.

Villalobos was was one of the best gigs I have been to in ages. The atmosphere was amazing, Ive never seen the Tivoli like it.

He played for around 4 hours and then had to be litterly dragged off the stage by the bouncer.

I think the weather played a big part in everyones weekend. All the reviews of the gigs this weekend have been good...

i assume he didn't play that minimal nonsense?

By the way if you seen the Tivoli for Joey Beltram in 1995 then you would see REALLY see an amazing atmosphere.;)

Had great time at the Sibin Festival!

Fair play to all involved, the tunes were solid all day/night.

Left there around 3.30am and hopped on a coach waiting outside the pub. Took us straight to O'Connel street in 45 mins.

i assume he didn't play that minimal nonsense?

By the way if you seen the Tivoli for Joey Beltram in 1995 then you would see REALLY see an amazing atmosphere.;)

From Wikipedia :
    "Ricardo Villalobos is a Chilean-German electronic music producer and DJ. He is well-known for his work in the minimal techno and microhouse genres, and is one of the most significant figures in today's minimal techno scene."

Now I know Wikipedia's not always right about these things, but what would you expect he would have played?

• Advertisement
Advertisement