Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't post on the Soccer forum?

Options
  • 29-04-2008 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Fairly sure I've never posted there b4, I've only ever posted in 3 forums really and np's there etc...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

You need to request access here

Read the charter carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You have to request access first, request forum is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Sorry if I'm being a twat, but why are there such tight immigration controls for soccer, just to get access... was there that much abuse happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

nevf wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm being a twat, but why are there such tight immigration controls for soccer, just to get access... was there that much abuse happening?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

nevf wrote: »

It was shut down for a week or so a few years ago.

• Advertisement

OP: Fail
    Re-read the stickies. quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I changed my mind, to post on a Soccer forum you shouldn't have tighter controls than on an Arab going thru JFK airport.
    Tis a joke, football is a lively subject, I'd end up getting banned in no time.

:rolleyes:

Aaaaahhhhhh, yeah! The system works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I changed my mind, to post on a Soccer forum you shouldn't have tighter controls than on an Arab going thru JFK airport.
    Tis a joke, football is a lively subject, I'd end up getting banned in no time.

:rolleyes:

+1 Completely agree... Bans issued for applying incorrectly is just the last straw... i purposely spoilt my application by putting the words "But seriously" at the end of my application, guess ill be banned now?! That mod needs to be talked to, never seen rules like that, felt like I was back in school applying, i also seem to be developing an attitude problem right now... grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

FearDark wrote: »
    +1 Completely agree... Bans issued for applying incorrectly is just the last straw... i purposely spoilt my application by putting the words "But seriously" at the end of my application, guess ill be banned now?! That mod needs to be talked to, never seen rules like that, felt like I was back in school applying, i also seem to be developing an attitude problem right now... grr.

If you can't even type one sentence of an application correctly what use are you going to be to the forum?

Sorry but the rules aren't there for no reason. If you have a problem with them then it's tough. We're better off without people who have issues from the outset anyway.

• Advertisement

That made me chuckle, when I read it over there
    "but seriously"

hehe

The thing is boards.ie is already way over zealous,then you read how strict the footy forum is....and that's just to join it!!!!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    If you can't even type one sentence of an application correctly what use are you going to be to the forum?

Sorry but the rules aren't there for no reason. If you have a problem with them then it's tough. We're better off without people who have issues from the outset anyway.

1) What's that got to do with debating/commenting on footy?
    2) "We're" "issues" :chucklesmilie:
    You seem to have missed what both of us have just said......
    You ever go to a real pub with rival fans???
    Imagine having to fill out an entry form going in handed out by a bouncer and if you got an answer wrong he wouldn't let you in!!!

Think I'll stick to Thumped and Pubs tbh...........

:cool:

Did it just to see what would happen... im not that bothered really, just wanted to comment on Arsenal destroying Derby tonight and was shocked to see the rules i had to follow just to bloody post. I agree we need rules to follow but seriously some of them are just redicilous!

P.S.I. wrote:

"There is a misconception on soccer that calling someone a name is bannable. It isn't. Calling someone a name for the sake of abuse is bannable. We all like to use exclamations when we're making a passionate case, If someone said, "I think Delaney has acted like a dick for doing X, Y and Z", then personally I woudn't ban the person. If on the other hand they posted "Delaney is just a dick" I'd probably warn if not ban them."

Nit-picking really... P.S.I. Go get laid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You seem to have missed what both of us have just said......
    You ever go to a real pub with rival fans???
    Imagine having to fill out an entry form going in handed out by a bouncer with all these conditions!!!

Well if you want to take the analogy even further, the first time you enter the pub you'd have to create and account with the pub. This would involve giving the bouncer your email address and making a password. Every time you enter the pub you'd need to give the bouncer the email address and password or else you wouldn't be allowed talk in the pub. Comparing a website to a pub probably isn't the best analogy.

The soccer forum was meant to have been a lot worse before (it must have been bad if it was closed). If this minor inconvenience gets rid of some of the muppettry then what's the harm?

Did it just to see what would happen... im not that bothered really, just wanted to comment on Arsenal destroying Derby tonight and was shocked to see the rules i had to follow just to bloody post. I agree we need rules to follow but seriously some of them are just redicilous!

P.S.I. wrote:

"There is a misconception on soccer that calling someone a name is bannable. It isn't. Calling someone a name for the sake of abuse is bannable. We all like to use exclamations when we're making a passionate case, If someone said, "I think Delaney has acted like a dick for doing X, Y and Z", then personally I woudn't ban the person. If on the other hand they posted "Delaney is just a dick" I'd probably warn if not ban them."

Nit-picking really... P.S.I. Go get laid.

It's not nit picking. It's distinguishing abuse from making a point. Any idiot can say "Delaney is a cock". If however you can back it up and say WHY you think he's a cock then there's no problem. I don't see how that could be an issue for you, unless you're an idiot who can't back up his statement.......

When it comes to discussing Football it's a universal language/media/Public......
    And because some people question the entry fee we're labelled Muppets?

Oh one mans terrorist etc etc

Anyway off to fill in the application form my GF left outside on the bedroom door......hope I don't mess it up, don't fancy the couch tonight.

NN.

:o

unless you're an idiot who can't back up his statement.......
    Phew! For a minute there I thought you were going to say "FearDark is just an idiot"
    Think I'm getting the gist of this beautiful game yas play. ;)

I really fail to see the issue here. All you have to do is agree that you won't post mindless abuse. Posting "Roy Keane is a cock" adds absolutely nothing to the debate within the forum. If you say "Roy Keane is a cock for what he did to Haaland" then at least you're making a proper point that people can argue against. The access request system is there to filter out the tools who can't do that.

But anyway, if you can't comprehend that and its merits it's no loss really.

"The access request system is there to filter out the tools who can't do that."

Security at the airport says "have you a bomb sir?"
    Bomber "No I have not"
    Security breaths a sigh of relief.

Now let me go to bed!!!! :D

All well and good until one day ill happen to mention Christiano Ronaldo is a cock and forget to list one of the hundred reasons why and hey presto insta-ban.

Im not going to go around and start threads like, RONALDO IS A COCK! am I now? I just think a little common sence should be used here and less of the Adolf Hitler of the soccer forum approach, ie apply wrongly and you'll be banned.

God help anyone who farts in the soccer forum, off with his head!

• Advertisement

Saying Ronaldo is a cock and not backing it up is trolling. I don't think there's any forum here thats looks kindly on that. Seriously, the soccer forum is not that strict at all now that the idiots are easily spotted. The amount of bans is minimal and in a lot of cases only infractions are given. It's really not that complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

All well and good until one day ill happen to mention Christiano Ronaldo is a cock and forget to list one of the hundred reasons why and hey presto insta-ban.

If you can't take the time to at least list one of the reasons, then you're obviously a cock.

So... the over complicated system of applying and the redicilous rules are there just to put me off joining so...?

If you're a tool then yes they are there to put you. I'm not one to draw conclusions but.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Im not going to go around and start threads like, RONALDO IS A COCK! am I now? I just think a little common sence should be used here and less of the Adolf Hitler of the soccer forum approach, ie apply wrongly and you'll be banned.

God help anyone who farts in the soccer forum, off with his head!
    So... the over complicated system of applying and the redicilous rules are there just to put me off joining so...?

You do realise that the access request system and rules of that forum are in place because of people who act like you're acting right now don't you?

Like Karoma said earlier, this is really just proof that the system in place works

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Security at the airport says "have you a bomb sir?"
    Bomber "No I have not"
    Security breaths a sigh of relief.
    Soccer forum charter says "You need to request access."
    AnimalRights "Actually after reading the conditions/charter I don't want access......."
    Soccer forum breaths a sigh of relief.
    Obviously they didn't since you applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The system works +1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What exactly is "over complicated" about sending a pm to a mod? Surely the time it's taking you to keep this thread running could have been much better spent enjoying the soccer forum...

I got into the Soccer Forum straight after I made my 50th post. All I had to do was say "I agree to follow the forum rules". I don't remember seeing anything ridiculous in the charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

blah blah blah

STFU
    FearDark wrote:
    blah blah blah

As above.

Advertisement