Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many cups of tea in St. Johnston

Options
  • 29-04-2008 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Was reading the Irish post, a newspaper for Irish exiles over here in England and I read the Donegal news section. It reported that a terrible thing happened in the St.Johnston recently. The area ran out of water for a short period. I must say the reason given quite funny. Two well known and popular figures passed away at closely tthe same time in the area causing the towns water supply to run out as there was so many cups of tea served at their wakes due to all the people coming to give their regards.

Only in Ireland is there such a community spirit displayed, a funny story all the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I read that and remain sceptical. Something is definitely up.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If memory serves me right this was mentioned at a meeting of Donegal County Council and it concerned Cllr Tony McDaid. It was either something he suggested as being the reason for the water shortage or else the reply he got to his question. Either way I think there was a bit of codology involved.

Advertisement