Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The first thing you did in GTA4

• 29-04-2008 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I tried to rob a car, the guy got mad so I got out and started a fight, then this random guy in a suit and shades comes along and starts punching me too :D I beat the two of them up, (the close combat isn't great, you can only push and punch at the start), then I got back in the car, and drove off :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

wait for the stupid HD install :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Can it be installed on the 360 ShaneU?

Seeing as your playing my copy from Artane I feel I should know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Can it be installed on the 360 ShaneU?

Seeing as your playing my copy from Artane I feel I should know!
    No, and it's my copy :p I asked for it to be reserved a week ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I haven't gotten it (yet) but I imagine that one of the first things I'll do in it is go on a killing spree mowing people down in the car. I mean seriously... doesn't everyone?

I played a bit of GTA3 recently and that's the first thing I did there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

Swapped the control system to classic, then swapped it back.

• Advertisement

Woah.

Right now, I'm watching an animated Ricky Gervais do standup on the ingame TV.

Crazy stuff. This game has really gone that extra mile so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I'm currently looking for ladies of the night, no luck yet.

Them hoors are gonna get it!

• hahah robbed a guys car and he grabbed a hold of the door handle woudlnt let go with the car moving hahahaha excellent stuff i had to do a handbrake turn and he rolled around the ground like a bitch...loving this. k sleep now before i start seeing things in my sleep :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Does anyone have a notion what little Jacob is saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

First thing i did.....crash!!!! Driving is different!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

I tried to fight and got my ass kicked by some old dock worker. Getting the hang of it now just in time for a full days play if I can stay awake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Kovik wrote: »
    Swapped the control system to classic, then swapped it back.
    so you can have X to accelerate?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Went for a bit of a drive. Real wheel drive cars + physics = :D

And then I came to work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Jaysis the driving's mental! Some Hot-rod I nicked handles like a drunk polar bear.
    First thing I did? Chased a pigeon. Then got run over.

Anyone been online yet? It's a small bit disappointing, I think. Its plays smoothly enough, but the city seems to be too big. Some people just go into hiding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I played the missions! I havent gone on a rampage or done much exploring. Absolutely loving it so far.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I need to go home. Trying to figure out what's the quickest way to get there. Must fly through the windscreen again.

Plug wrote: »
    so you can have X to accelerate?
    Yes, go into controls in the start menu and swap to classic.

I went with it for a while but it became clear to me that if you were going to get any good at the driving in this game the new way is the only one that would really work. I'm playing the 360 so I'm using the trigger buttons. The breaking and turning system is a lot less forgiving so the sensitivity of the triggers becomes really useful. The camera is easier to move around too when you get used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Tusky wrote: »
    I played the missions! I havent gone on a rampage or done much exploring. Absolutely loving it so far.

Same. Now I have to do college assignments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I got stuck into the story missions straight away. Little Jacob is a legend :D Anybody else finding its taking a while to get used to the new handling of the cars? I'm starting to get it now but it was very weird starting out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

That's the thing most people are saying, myself included. Still not used to it yet. Does anyone ever use the handbrake? I use the A button to slid but never touch RB. Never thought I'd actually use the legitimate braking system in a GTA game :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

First thing i did was ignore my cousin and hooked up with the girl, lol.
    Also Q-Lazzarus's "Goodbye Horses" is in the game's soundtrack, famous for being in Silence Of The Lambs (and parodied by Jay and Silent Bob).

I'm waiting for the girl to say "Would you f*ck me? I'd f*ck me!, I'd f*ck me hard!" :D:D:D

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

mehfesto2 wrote: »

Anyone been online yet? It's a small bit disappointing, I think. Its plays smoothly enough, but the city seems to be too big. Some people just go into hiding!

A sh1te dont tell me people are camping it GTA 4?????

Advertisement