Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Ausralian Ratings

• 29-04-2008 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Watched TNA today just therehttp://tnawrestling.com/, and it shows the top-rated shows on Fox 8 in Australia. Raw is placed at #44, Smackdown is placed at 38, while TNA is placed at 28. Pretty suprising I thought. Could be a very lucrative live market for them there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's not as impressive as it might sound at first glance. That was the second week that Impact was aired in Australia. On the third week it was placed 64th with Raw and Smackdown at 46 and 48. The most recent report has Raw at 49th and Smackdown and TNA don't even make the top 100, but ECW and WWE Experience do: http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/enews/paytv/Pay-Television---Weekly-Rankings-Report-280408.html

The way they get the ratings is a little misleading too. They get the average rating for all the times a show airs in a week. WWE shows air a few times, so if Raw gets 100,000 on its first viewing and 20,000 on the replay, the rating in this report is given as 60,000. Impact only airs once a week, so if it managed 60,000 it would be tied with Raw, even though it only got half the number of total viewers

If you look at the reports you can see that Impact lost about half its audience between the second week and the fourth week that they aired there. So it's not really anything for them to be getting excited about at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Fozzy wrote: »
    It's not as impressive as it might sound at first glance. That was the second week that Impact was aired in Australia. On the third week it was placed 64th with Raw and Smackdown at 46 and 48. The most recent report has Raw at 49th and Smackdown and TNA don't even make the top 100, but ECW and WWE Experience do: http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/enews/paytv/Pay-Television---Weekly-Rankings-Report-280408.html

The way they get the ratings is a little misleading too. They get the average rating for all the times a show airs in a week. WWE shows air a few times, so if Raw gets 100,000 on its first viewing and 20,000 on the replay, the rating in this report is given as 60,000. Impact only airs once a week, so if it managed 60,000 it would be tied with Raw, even though it only got half the number of total viewers

If you look at the reports you can see that Impact lost about half its audience between the second week and the fourth week that they aired there. So it's not really anything for them to be getting excited about at the moment

It appears I have been misleaded. Damn you, Jeremy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭axxechikka

I watched it last week out of curiosity and because I wanted to see Christian after so many years. Won't be watching again though.

axxechikka wrote: »
    I watched it last week out of curiosity and because I wanted to see Christian after so many years. Won't be watching again though.

Just out of curiosity myself, could you understand what was going on during the show or did you understand and just not like it?

Impact got a 0.9 rating in the US this week. That's their worst in about 8 months I think. I don't think it's any coincidence that it came during this tag team tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

axxechikka wrote: »

I have to agree. Anytime I see TNA, (which, thank god, isnt so often) I just change the channel or watch some paint dry. No TNA for me please.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭axxechikka

Fozzy wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity myself, could you understand what was going on during the show or did you understand and just not like it?

Well obviously I didn't fully understand all the angles cos I'd never watched before, but I picked it up pretty quickly. I quite enjoyed some of the young tag teams, but I thought all the backstage segments were awful and theres just so many guys there who I never liked even when they were in the big leagues (Booker, Steiner) and who I like even less now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I watched it for the first time in a while yesterday and I wasn't impressed. Matt Morgan just looks like a big man who bathes in lube for 2 hours before appearing. I also thought it was funny how not content with ripping of former legends gimmicks like Macho Man and Stone Cold (although Sharkboy's gimmick is gold) they now rip off Scott Steiner while he is still there???Also, pairing AJ with Eric is insulting

I had to laugh this week at how Angle and Steiner said they had an agreement to injure Joe in the tag match but then they wouldn't let him tag in during it

Advertisement