Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shopping in Thailand/Bangkok

• 29-04-2008 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey everyone heading to thailand in june to islands and bangkok
    Just wondering wheres the best place for shopping in bangkok???
    Especially cosmetics do they sell brands like mac and benefit over there if they do is there much of a price difference??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Well I'm just down the road in Malaysia, and here, along with every other country I've been to, brand names are pretty much the same price. So I doubt they're cheaper in Bangkok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Siam Square and MBK shopping centre next door. You'll get all you need there. Excellent shopping in Bangkok. Go to the weekend market if you get a chance. Chatuchuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Louise1003

yea Siam Sq and MBK Shopping Mall have great selection of make-up, lots of MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique etc, be careful tho with some of it. Some of the make up is definitely real (i.e. eye shadows, eyeliners, lipstick etc) however with the foundation and powders and stuff they wont allow u at the best of times open the box so its hard to tell the shade or wether its not a copy! if ur staying on khao san rd (as most ppl do) u can get it cheaper on the stalls there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lil Miss MJ

Have Spent last few Summers over there- found with all the brands - f they were cheaper they were usually fake - especially perfume - dont bother buyin it cheap!!

MBK is definatley a must - bargains 2 be had - but remember barter with them....Watches and bags(Fake) are such a bargain over there - always have ppl admirin them!!! (They all cost less than a tenner):D

Would avoid the Night market in Patpong - over priced red light district with rude and arrogant sellers:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

im in bkk at the moment, being a man im not sure about makeup etc but for clothes i found that mbk was by far the cheapest, the base price for most t shirts is 100b(about 2 euro) but at the khao san rd you would have to haggle alot and you would be lucky to get the same t shirt for 100b. at mbk they also have sim cards, dvds, and pretty much everything else you could think of...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭mackey087

found shopping in phuket to be really cheap. season 3 lost, season 2 heroes etc were about 5 euro per set. perfect quality. music cd's were 1.50 euro. clothes were dirt cheap. billabong, ripcurl, o'neill, disel. flip flops for about a fiver. if you bought a few things from the one stall you could get the stuff cheaper. always bargain. we usually got the stuff for about a third of the asking price or less. wife is size 10 and found tops and shorts easy to get but jeans and trousers were very small fitting. taser guns are good value also. didn't see many make up shops in phuket maybe bangkok is better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The make-up in MBK in the stalls are fake, defo not real. You'll only get the real stuff in the department stores. The duty-free at Bangkok has MAC etc and it's slightly cheaper than MAC in Dublin Airport (Hong Kong airport is the cheaperst I found).

My advice if shopping in MBK. If you see something you like, buy it (after a lot of haggling of course) as you will not find the shop the next time you go back. It's just impossible!

Advertisement