Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

98FM talk show DJ from a few years back

• 29-04-2008 2:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Just wondering - dont know if anyone remembers - but there use to be a talk show on 98fm at night - same time as the FM104 Phone show and the presenter's name was Niall Boylan - or something like that. Anyone know what happened to him? I remember hearing some rumours on the FM104 phone show. Cant remember what they were though. :confused: I thought he was a good presenter but he just disappeared from 98fm. No reason or nothing IIRC:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

He DJ's in a few of the clubs around town! In saying that, he always did.

Think he might have popped up on Country FM of late :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I heard him on The Last Word talking about male baldness:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Manimal

Badabing wrote: »
    I heard him on The Last Word talking about male baldness:eek:

He runs a company called Evolve Ireland out in Malahide. They do hair care, teeth whitening and all that jazz. Hes also still DJing (Sat nights in Tamangoes) and runs a DJ agency representing a whole bunch of club jocks and venues. He was miiiles better than AK on 104 IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

He does a slot on Dublin's Country about Property.... A good example to all young jocks. Don't put all your eggs in one basket...;)

Ginger's not the worst to work for!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

His show use to be good on 98fm ad at least had some credibility unlike a certain other show in Dublin. In fact I reckon 98fm made their biggest ever mistake in suddenly hiring that guy from RTE after him. I couldnt stand that guy:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

Firstly let me state I don't know Niall Boylan personally. I do know he is a very talented club jock but he is nowhere near any kind of credible talk show host. That show he presented was "fluff". If a talkshow was a newspaper, his was the Herald. Kennedy is the Sun !! They're both silage. Tom Brannigan wasn't actually the worst. It wasn't great by any means either. Neither Dublin original station, 98 and 104, has ever taken their 20% news and talk remit seriously. They both opted for lowest common denominator ****e just to stay within the boundaries of their licences. Niall Boylan aint / will never be serious news material. Thats why he's selling hairpieces and fronting dubious property "infomercial" shows these days.
    Good luck to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Slicklink

Boardsbud wrote: »
    Firstly let me state I don't know Niall Boylan personally.
    Niall Boylan aint / will never be serious news material. Thats why he's selling hairpieces and fronting dubious property "infomercial" shows these days.

Are you sure you dont know him personally?

I am really anxious to know what area of radio you work in Boardsbud.

I occasionally post here and over the last few weeks your name has popped up several times in various threads, usually involving an extremely negative point of view (Aertel/Nikki Hayes/RTE Newsroom/Radio industry on the take). But I'm sure I wasnt the only one to notice.

All I can say is keep trying, you will eventually get the a gig. You need to be more positive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Firstly let me state I don't know Niall Boylan personally. I do know he is a very talented club jock but he is nowhere near any kind of credible talk show host. That show he presented was "fluff". If a talkshow was a newspaper, his was the Herald. Kennedy is the Sun !! They're both silage. Tom Brannigan wasn't actually the worst. It wasn't great by any means either. Neither Dublin original station, 98 and 104, has ever taken their 20% news and talk remit seriously. They both opted for lowest common denominator ****e just to stay within the boundaries of their licences. Niall Boylan aint / will never be serious news material. Thats why he's selling hairpieces and fronting dubious property "infomercial" shows these days.
    Good luck to him.

If serious radio was going to work on either 98 or 104 then Tom's show wouldn't have bombed. It was the worst figure 98 ever had for a talk show. I think it's important to remember the facts when it comes to backslapping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Big Balls wrote: »
    If serious radio was going to work on either 98 or 104 then Tom's show wouldn't have bombed. It was the worst figure 98 ever had for a talk show. I think it's important to remember the facts when it comes to backslapping.

Now that was a terrible talk show...glad to hear joe public thought the same...:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

'Tom's' show was undoubtedly the worst ever - and even worse then that he clearly had political preferences for his show notable Sinn Fien and the Greens and its blatant unfeathered support for them pissed me off to be completely honest.

• Advertisement

Slicklink wrote: »
    Are you sure you dont know him personally?

I am really anxious to know what area of radio you work in Boardsbud.

I occasionally post here and over the last few weeks your name has popped up several times in various threads, usually involving an extremely negative point of view (Aertel/Nikki Hayes/RTE Newsroom/Radio industry on the take). But I'm sure I wasnt the only one to notice.

All I can say is keep trying, you will eventually get the a gig. You need to be more positive though.

Hi Slicklink, I don't wish to take this thread too far off topic but I am quite sure I don't know Niall Boylan personally. What makes you think I work in radio ? I don't, but I do have a very successful and rewarding career. I don't have any desire to work in radio right now. I may have done in the past but I can be honest and tell you I moved on by choice. That doesn't prevent me from expressing my thoughts on radio on this radio discussion forum.
    Why is it that when anybody posts any sort of criticism on this site or others, they're presumed to be disgruntled former radio staff or wannabes ? I'm a member of the public with an opinion, this is a discussion forum, please tell me my fault.
    I have no desire to be a member of some sort of mutual appreciation forum. It would be very boring on here if thats what this became.

darkman2 wrote: »
    'Tom's' show was undoubtedly the worst ever - and even worse then that he clearly had political preferences for his show notable Sinn Fien and the Greens and its blatant unfeathered support for them pissed me off to be completely honest.

I would have thought Tom was very FF orientated, he was certainly a big Bertie "man of the people" fan.
    I've seen comments on here about his figures versus the other presenters in that slot. I'm not saying his show was brilliant by any means but it was a more interesting and engaging show than listening to ill informed skangers on the phone discussing crap with presenters who's current affairs knowledge is dictated by the Herald and Star.
    Surely a case of quality over quantity. I know its commercial radio......

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Let's have less of the sniping at each other please.

Advertisement