Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV - 39.99 in Tesco Gorey

• 29-04-2008 3:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Just back this minute from Tesco in Gorey, Scanned in at 59.95, with -20.00 euro 'Promo' offer, couldn't believe it at that price so i bought 2! surely i'll get more on trade in or sell it to someone.

By the way they only had it for the 360, no ps3 versions came in, and neitheir tesco in wexford town or newross got any copies in.
    Not sure if all Tescos have it at this price but I thought it would be worth the post. They had a whole cardboard stands worth minus about 5 copies as of 2:30 am if anyone is desperate :D off to play it now, enjoy!

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Wow.

Nice find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Damn! That's a crazy price!

My local Tesco didn't even get any in even though it's a huge one that is open 24 hours :mad:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I got that price in Limerick this morning. From self serve checkout. 59.95 - GTA IV x360 / ps3 promo of 20. Nice. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

got it from tesco clearwater in finglas, only got 40 copies of each in though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

That's the price for them all. Wonder what the story is with those who paid over €60 earlier this morning then ?
    The promotion must only be in effect from today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

:mad::mad::mad:

I bought in Tesco last night for €60

EDIT: Tesco are very automated so i dont know why this happened! As in if they have a buy one get one free on something , where the offer ends on the 20th, at 12:00 of the 20th it will no longer scan at the tills

Might chance going in after work and complaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ouch witnessmenow.. that's rough!

Has any one seen any documentation on the offer, as in an ad in the paper or something. If i have something that says "special offer on the 29th only" Im getting my Damn €20 back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

yep, i just got it in tesco santry for 39.99!! I considered buying two or 3 but they only had ten copies, and me and another guy were there at half 8 in the morning, and phone calls were already coming in to the helpdesk asking could they hold copies and such, so i figured it would be a bit bastardish to buy more than one. Couldnt believe it tho, as i was turned away from gamestop in santry for not having a preorder!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭nicker_s

Anybody know if Tesco Stilorgan or Dun Laoghaire sell PS3 Games? Or even better which Tesco's do sell them. Bray don't seem to have them, haven't ever seen them there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yep 39.99 in Tesco Limerick (Authors Quay)

Couldn't believe it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Has any one seen any documentation on the offer, as in an ad in the paper or something. If i have something that says "special offer on the 29th only" Im getting my Damn €20 back!

Ad in the metro, it says offer valid until 6/5/08. in other words till all their copies sell out today :p

i got 2 this morning for €36 each (staff discount) in bloomfields, dun l. one for me and one for a mate. never even thought of gettin a 3rd at the time to sell off at a considerable profit. dammit!

have to say though, fair play to tesco for selling it so cheap. i figured itd be €50 absolute minimum
    Anybody know if Tesco Stilorgan or Dun Laoghaire sell PS3 Games? Or even better which Tesco's do sell them. Bray don't seem to have them, haven't ever seen them there.

no ps3 copies in bloomfields and afaik the shopping centre tesco dont sell games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wahey.. the girlfriend got a copy in Sligo. Good few left apparently!

Although she just rang me to say she almost bought a copy for the PS3.. i've a 360!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Struggling to get a copy in Wexford. Tesco didn't get any in (as of last night). Gamestop and Xtravision are sold out (or so I'm told) and Argos never had stock.

Do Argos ever get stock and not put it on the site or ring and reserve?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

have tried
    tesco baggot st upper and lower
    tesco rathmines
    jervis st

no joy

any ideas close to the city centre or will i jsut pay the price in xtravision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭event

same in dundalk, €39.95

they had 7 copies left for the 360 this morning at 9am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Boots09

Do they sell games in tesco Maynooth?

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Ad in the metro, it says offer valid until 6/5/08. in other words till all their copies sell out today :p

So it is an official offer so? Awesome, €20 here i come! Is the metro a dublin paper? never heard of it other than on the GTA forum!

i got 2 this morning for €36 each (staff discount) in bloomfields, dun l. one for me and one for a mate. never even thought of gettin a 3rd at the time to sell off at a considerable profit. dammit!

have to say though, fair play to tesco for selling it so cheap. i figured itd be €50 absolute minimum

That would be abusing your staff discount!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

So it is an official offer so? Awesome, €20 here i come! Is the metro a dublin paper? never heard of it other than on the GTA forum!

yup, its also in the herald am. both are papers given out free every morning to dart/luas commuters and they also have people all over town giving them out free until around 10am.

The small print also mentions "Available in selected Tesco stores" so they may bring you up on that but i reckon thats the game and not the offer so i'd deffo make a fuss over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yep 39.99 in Tesco Limerick (Authors Quay)

Couldn't believe it!

and in the cresent shopping centre!
    didnt know about the €39.95 offer and nearly paid €59.95 but a woman in the queue behind me told the one on the till about the offer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

€39.95 in Tesco Wexford too. Can't go wrong for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

bonkers wrote: »
    have tried
    tesco baggot st upper and lower
    tesco rathmines
    jervis st

no joy

any ideas close to the city centre or will i jsut pay the price in xtravision

Yeah, why not ask at one of the Tesco's to see which of them have them in stock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭thenobody

all gone in Maynooth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Tescos clearwater only had 2 copies when i went in at 9.30 for the xbox 360. Completely sold out for the PS3.

All gone now i reckon. Phone was ringing constantly with people inquiring about how many were left. Poor guy will be driven crazy by the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,214 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I paid 60 for this at 1.30 last night. Can I get my 20 back?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Went up to Tesco Bray after seeing the ad in the Independent but there was no sign of any GTA. Just got it in Smyths in the end. Would have been nice to save 20 euro though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Now you know why they waited till 2am, it was for the price change.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

So Anyone know of locations in Dublin/city where i could pick this up today?
    to be honest Game companies have no excuse for shortages like this..
    it's ridiculous to say the least..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

nicker_s wrote: »

Had a poke into Stillorgan at lunch, no sign of it there. They told me they haven't gotten in any stock yet, and have no idea when they'll get any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

anyone know if there's still any ps3 copies left in clare hall? They're not answering their phone (as usual). My 360 can't play for longer than half an hour without the screen becoming pixelated.

Advertisement