Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV - 39.99 in Tesco Gorey

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

ShaneU wrote: »
    Now you know why they waited till 2am, it was for the price change.

Im not taking that as an excuse, unless it clearly states on the paper that the offer is starting on "29th at 2am" Im getting my money back!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 JackBlack

Im not taking that as an excuse, unless it clearly states on the paper that the offer is starting on "29th at 2am" Im getting my money back!!

For some reason they waited till 2.05am at dundrum tescos last nite to sell them game and it was going for €60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Let us know how you get on witnessmenow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

rliston wrote: »
    and in the cresent shopping centre!
    didnt know about the €39.95 offer and nearly paid €59.95 but a woman in the queue behind me told the one on the till about the offer!

you **** I was there an hour later and got nothing grrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Rockshandy

SoulRock wrote: »
    So Anyone know of locations in Dublin/city where i could pick this up today?
    to be honest Game companies have no excuse for shortages like this..
    it's ridiculous to say the least..

eh not the game companies fault, its the suppliers and distributers who hold back on the game, simple supply and demand, plus you cant really give out considering that there has been availibility to pre order for months....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Boots09

They had it for the 360 in Tesco Roscommon after lunch today my sister picked it up for me she said they had a couple more that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

Rockshandy wrote: »
    eh not the game companies fault, its the suppliers and distributers who hold back on the game, simple supply and demand, plus you cant really give out considering that there has been availibility to pre order for months....

distributors, supplier's/publishers are part of the equation when i said game companies, its a marketing tool to hold off with supply, as this creates 'News' and more demand... xyz is sold out blah blah.. supply can easily keep up with demand in this case.. it's not a piece of hardware it's a disc for gods sake..

not everyone is in a position to pre order, i was away and only got home last week when everywhere i went had stopped taking pre orders..

although just back from argos dundrum and they've got PS3 copies but no 360 ;(
    suppose ill have to wait, like a good little consumer till all the stocks of this game that are sitting in some warehouse get Distributed..
    Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

That really added to the experience for me. I just strolled into tesco at 12am and picked one up without a preorder or anything. Every game shop I've been in for the past few weeks have been promoting how "sold out" it will be unless you have a deposit. Thats certainly two fingers to them anyway!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

went to xtra vision (westport) but had none only for the guys that pre ordered it. Got mine in tesco in westport at lunch time, Had none on display so went to the fags/paper counter and asked had they got it in, she said yep what console, i said xbox, in she went to the back and came out with the goods, also got it for 39.95 euro. :D

Advertisement