Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official "I just got the game but am stuck at work" thread

• 29-04-2008 8:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

I just got the game at GameStop in Cork and had to come back to the office to work.
    I came in early though, and I wont be taking a lunch (and the boss is away) so I'm going to head off early.
    The game is on my desk infront of me, still in its wrapping.
    I'm going to try to get at least one hours work done before I open it and go through the manual.
    Then I'm going to put the disc in my pc and pretend like im playing it :rolleyes:

Anyone else get the game this morning and have to do a full days work before you can go home and play it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I will be officially joining this thread in 20 mins when I go pick it up from Game and have to head into work (and to make matters worse I've to head to a family meal at 6pm :(:(:( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I have it booked - will pick it up after work. Unforunately I am on training this week so won't be leaving til 4.30 - will be in rush hour traffic, and the girlfriend is off work sick today so i'll have to head out to hers AND the United game is on TV so I mightn't get to play it until 10 tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

I'm at work, waiting for the game to arrive at my desk. According to the royal mail website it's been delivered, I have to restrain myself to not go down to the post room and jump the counter looking for my amazon package :D

Once I get it I'm packing up my laptop and "working from home" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

i haven't picked my copy up yet, seriously hoping to get out of work at 10, have to go to the bank, another half hour, forgot my reciept this morning, gamestop better not try and mess me around or there will be murder!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

leaving work at 12 to pick it up & play it, best half day ever :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭Wossack

just back from Game Dawson street... hope theres noone like me walking in without a preorder, they only had 4 left :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm in work know with the knowledge that it may well be sitting in my letterbox at home. It will be crushingly disappointing if I find it hasn't been delivered when I get home this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I got the game on Sunday but I'm stuck in another city for 3 days :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

tried getting a copy here in both of the tesco's in Dun Laoghaire but I reckon they only had about 3 copies for all of Ireland....

Was on my way to gamestop to pay the overpriced charge when I decided to check in Argos and my luck was in!!! I walked out 2 minutes later with the game ....Just a pity I have to work today- I wonder if the boss will let me work from home today ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Got it this morning,took allot not to ring work and tell them i had been hit by a car or somthing,i have 3 copies sitting in my bag at work.....killing me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Got my copy at 8 this morning and played about 15 minutes. Won't be home til 7 at the earliest :( And I didn't get the keys for my security box either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

neacy69 wrote: »
    Was on my way to gamestop to pay the overpriced charge

I got mine in gamestop for 59.99, thats a v good price, imo.
    It was marked 64.99 yesterday in the same shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Lucky you i can't tempt myself to play it so didn't buy it yet, won't get to play it until the weekend at the earliest!
    Can't wait though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I very luckily picked it up last night... but that is where the good news ends!

By the time I got home I could only play for about half an hour before I had to go to bed for work this morning. So now I have tasted the sweet nectar but I can't play it more until later :( And with the Utd match on I may not get to play it until 10pm:(

Oh well... BTW it looks great and the physics seemed amazing! Bring on 6 o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Garret C

Got mine last night at 12, played until 2.30.....Its such a crap game ;)
    Cant wait to finish work to get hand on it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

just got it in Game Liffey Valley. 64.99, was expecting over 70.

Now just gotta get through stupid work.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭manufan16

Roll on 4.30 :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

picked it up on the way to work this morning!
    aint outta here till 5pm but i'll be home nice and quick on my moped :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I'm waitin for the postie to come any minute! but I'v ordered it to work so I'm stuck here till 5.30 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

postman came with it at 9:20, just had enough time to install and have a quick go. skipped the first cut scene and went straight into driving.
    hmmm...R2 to accelarate???

left house at 9:28...this is killing me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Gahhhhhhhhhhhh, do I really need to work. I could survive without a job. Haven't even picked up my pre-order yet. What happens if they sell my pre-order, where will I go, what will I do, HOW DO THEY GET THE FIGS IN THE FIGROOOLLLLLLLLLLLS?????
    This tension is unbearable :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Markvtos

Just picked it up about 10 minutes ago. it'll be at least 2pm before i get to play it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Ahh finally the night shift is paying off. Days work done and all. Have the rest of the day to lie around playing GTA. Only another 7 hours for the rest off you 9-5 ers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Getting mine at lunch.

Finnishe work at 5.30 and I got my imaginary personal assistant to free up my calendar :)

Will be breaking for battlestar though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

in since 8:29:44

withdrawal smyptoms since 8:29:45.

i'm leaving early today, half three on the dot :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i picked mine up at 8;30 this morning, and now have to wait to do this college test, wont be home till 4, then got another exam 2moro to study for, and then united match

alot of tough choices to make

Me and my mate are being disciplined about the whole thing. Hes buying it tomorrow(he has it booked) and we aren't going to play it until Saturday.... Our plan is to be distracted by the football until then. When Saturday comes we are going to get a crate of BUlmers and turn our phones off while playing it for as long as we possibly can. Going to be extremely messy. TBH I havent read into what the game is going to be like or anything so this will be a total suprise. I am a recovering GTA addict from the previous games and I dont plan to buy this as I'd probably lose my job from a lack of sleep! I've heard all the online stuff though whiich sounds absolutely SICK! TBH after Saturday I'll probably want to buy it. The horror

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Plasmoid

Tesco wouldn't sell it to me last night so screw them.

Will be getting it in Zavvi after hopefully ducking out of work early. How many sick days was it before you need a doctors note...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Friend in work picked up my copy in tescos for me, all for the price of the game, a pint and a life-time supply of gratitude...

In work now from 9 till 6 but the only difference is that we have an Xbox 360 downstairs in the "game" room that we got to try it out on already. God this game rocks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Yeah I got it last night, played it till 2:00 and up for work at 6:30 in here now tired and emotional. To top it all off I have two big essays and some other work to hand in to college by next thursday.

Work blows!

Advertisement