Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the quick link drop down gone ?

Options
  • 29-04-2008 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

I noticed since yesterday evening that this quick link drop down list on the very bottom right of each page is now gone. What's up with that as it's the best way to navigate the site, very painful going to the main page each time.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Been removed to improve page load times as it was a duplicate; there's a menu at the top of the page for navigating the site quickly.

you might not be able to see it if you have javascript disabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Pretty sure I don't as I use it for development, where at the top of the page ?

dropdown_thumb.gif

Cheers CuLT, it's a strange one as I rechecked and Java script is indeed enabled but still don't get it on either my home or office machine.
    I do get several scripting errors so it's probably related.

It's a peculiar one; I've corrected the syntactic errors in the javascript that may have been giving you grief, anything else should be plain old HTML errors.

As a developer, I'm sure you'd know yourself of NoScript or similar being enabled on your home/office browser, which would also cause a problem if boards.ie was not whitelisted, but it's worth mentioning just in case.

Might try flushing your cache and see if the menu appears now; it's night on impossible to navigate the site without it!

• Advertisement

Cheers CuLT, don't know if it was the correction of the syntax errors or what but the menu now appears at the top, thank heavens for small mercys because as you say yourself, without it the site was painful to navigate.

Actually, scratch that, I'm now not getting it again, weird.

Advertisement